Used 2002 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

You don't need an SUV for leg room
By Claudia

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is extremely spacious... It can hold up to six (small) peolple comfortably! It has a pretty big fuel tank so if your concerned about $$$ in gas-- this may not be for you. It's very sporty, stylish yet conservative and not too trendy. I plan on keeping this car for five years and then passing it on to my son when he gets in highschool. Highly recommended for all types of drivers.

Favorite Features

In front dash CD player with steering wheel remote control. Digital thermometer so I can always know the tempurature. Cool eyeglass case holder between visors. Double cell phone electrical outlets.

Suggested Improvements

My battery did die on me shortly after the car was first purchsed, this may be just Nissans batteries and may not have much to do with the car.

After a year of ownership...
By PhurballDJ

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

...I couldn't be happier. The Altima has given me no complaints thus far. The only times I've been in the dealership have been for regular maintenance/oil changes. I love the engine -- plenty of punch for a 4- cylinder -- and the handling is great. And the amount of room in the interior and the trunk is terrific. Sure, they skimped a little on the interior materials, but they spent the money on the right stuff. This car truly is built for drivers!

Favorite Features

Engine, drivetrain, handling, interior space, trunk space, exterior design, reliability, value for the money.

Suggested Improvements

The oft-mentioned interior materials, if you care about that sort of thing.

great car for the price
By jim631

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

i like the comfort,the way it handles,the radio controls on the steering wheel,the roomy truck space,big back seating.........im vvery happy with my purchace would recomend for some one who likes to drive.

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

less road noise from the truck area

2002 altima
By donovan robertson

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

this is the best car i have ever own man cool awsome nice beautiful fast

Great Car, Great Price
By Manny

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am extremely happy that I chose an Altima 2.5S. This car is step above the usual family sedan. It feels more like a sports sedan (ie: BMW 5 series, Audi A6). While other reveiws seem to focus on the interior plastics etc. I'd take performance iver plastic any day. Also the front seat comfortability and adaption to each driver is better than any other car in its class. The 4 cylinder has incredible pep. and the suspension maintains a balanced ride. Put that with the incredible price that this car is going for you can't beat it. The Altima 2.5S is winner.

Favorite Features

Engine, Brakes, Suspension, Roominess

Suggested Improvements

Cabin Noise (wind, thumps)Interior Materials.