2002 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
XMAX
By csrmax on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Having owned 3 Maxima SE's, I never thought I would consider buying an Altima. I was looking at the Acura TL Type S, Jaguar X type and pre-owned BMW 330 series.On a visit to my dealership, they had a silver/black leather on the floor,and I could'nt believe I was in a Nissan dealer!The Maxima was starting to look very dated,but the Altima grabbed my attention,especially after I spent a day driving it around. Needless to say, I now have a Silver/Black leather parked in my driveway,and feel that I received great value for 30K!

Very Unhappy
By Mark_ace7 on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

If it drove as good as it looks, I would be very happy. My stick grinds into 2nd and 3rd and the dealer says its normal. The car also vibrates a great deal from external noise (other cars, trucks, etc..) The vibration is strong in the stering wheel, pedals, and stick. I want my old car back.

What an engine!!
By David A. on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was thinking about buying something smaller, but the test drive sold me. The wonderful 3.5L V-6 engine is this car's best selling point. After having lived with the car for 3 months, the engine is still the cars strongest point. It just never fails to impress. Handling is another strong point, although it does get a little unsettled on bumpy pavement, but never enough to throw the car offline. The exterior of the car very pleasing to the eye. I think the profile is the cars best view IThe interior is very quiet. Road noise is very subdued, as is wind noise, except for an air leak from the sunroof.

altima
By mcd2000 on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

the acceleration is amazing but my Town and Country (most carlike handling minivan) handles much better than it

Cool Car
By Hotbod on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you want a fun car this is the car for you.

Out of A Lincoln TC and into a fun car
By HLH on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a 95 Linc Town Car for my 2.5 S with AT. It was the beautiful design that seduced me. I kept the price down by not getting leather or a sunroof (never used it in my Town Car). I like the interior design but am having a brushed aluminum interior trim kit put in to make the interior look really hi-tech. It goes on in the same places as the wood trim. It looks great with the gray interior. I may put leather in later. I enjoy the response & handling. Great job, Nissan! Only problem I have is some kind of cord or wire harness hits against the back side of the glove box every time I take off, stop, speed up or slow down. I hope they dont have to pull the dash.

Chuck's praise
By perrydawg on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife got rid of her 2000 Toyota Camry just one year after purchasing it because she had seen the new Nissan Altima. Although, I think that I drive it more than she does and I'm more of an SUV person. I am really glad that I pushed her to test drive this vehicle especially the 3.5 V6 model. It's taking a little while to get used to all of the looks from everyone on the highways and at restaurants. I can't wait to see what Nissan does to top this vehicle or can they?

WOW
By Scottstpetefl on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great Car. I bought it new Sept 1st. We all know what happened after that. Love the car. No complaints. this thing hauls butt

In love with the V6 Power
By Altima3.5Fan on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've been wanting this car since March of 2001, when I saw what they have been doing with the redesign of the car and I must say I've been quite pleased!!! The car is a dream to drive, compared to my previous Altima, it was a 98.

i love this car
By thomas on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

great car handles well very roomie engine response very quick