2002 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Exhilirating Ride with 175 Ponies
By Betty G. on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought mine 4/13/02 as my first new car. Whate a rush :) I was considering the 3.5L SE (more power) but changed my mind when I test drove the 2.5L S. Very smooth ride and with today's gas prices cannot beat the 32 miles per gallon on the highway. All models have the same interior unless you get leather. I am extremely happy with the purchase and I totally recommend it, especially for a young woman, you will turn heads, I was told that it looks like a new Lexus.

SWEETNESS!!!!
By EBE on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After buying my 98 accord ex coupe, I thought I would be lifetime Honda owner. That was until I saw the Altima. For a 4 cyl, it has plenty of power. I love the tail lights, probably the main reason I bought the car. This car is BMW in the front, Passat from the side, and Lexus in the rear.

Fits me
By djohn on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I tried all of the competing makes, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry and etc. The bottom line is I'm 6'3" and the Nissan was the only car that I fit into. The car during the test drives stood neck n' neck with all of the others. The interior was not the best of the lot but very functional. I bought the car and have nothing but kudos from everyone who has seen it. I travel 66 miles per day for work and I am averaging 28 to 29 mpg with less than 1000 miles on the odometer.

mine
By David Briceno on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the best, it has good handles on the turns and the design of the inside and outsies is the best.

love it
By doumat on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Only had the car for a short while, but love the design. Would I buy another....you bet!

Is that the NEW ALTIMA?
By on the go on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned our car for only one week and my husband and I totally LOOOOOVE this car. This is the first car we have owned that we actually fight over driving. We took it on our first long- distance trip in the pouring rain and it handled beautifully. We get head turns wherever we go.

I tested them all ... this is the one!
By B. Mullins on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Ideally, I was looking for a car that was fun to drive, 6 cylinders, comfortable, with a higher level of features (luxury) than I had previously. I drove many cars: camry, accord, millenia, some SUV's. So I went and drove the Altima. This car is fun, responsive, comfortable, and while not as quiet as a camry, it is certainly much quieter then my other cars and I consider it VERY acceptable at highway speeds. Altima has won the North American Automobile of the Year. It is a well deserved award for a sports sedan in the mid $20,000's. Test drive this car after the others and you should feel the differences.

Look out the Nissan is coming
By Amit on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

THe new ALTIMA is way better than any other car in it's class. Pickup , accelatation and the comfort of the Altima shouldn't be compared with the CAmry. It's like 10 timeas faster then the cars in it's class.

Sweeeet...however...
By BrianP on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very pleased over all, however, a few things left me a bit disapointed: 1) no standard fog lights on 2.5 ("fully loaded") SL model. 2) steering wheel mounted "convienience" controls are NOT illuminated 3) no spare change small storage compartment. My coins rattle all over the bigger compartments, and I have to use the map light to see the mounted controls.

Almost as good as my hubby's Infinity
By lexpat on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Altima SL on 3/29/02 but have found it to be a wonderful car to drive and look at. The following day, my husband bought a new Infinity I35. Although his car is a bit more luxurious, my Altima shares many of the features of his car. Although my Altima is a 4 cy., it has a good pick up when I need it. Smooth ride is great. It just took one drive and I was sold on the car. The dealership where we purchased the car was top notch. All car buyers should be so lucky to have the professional, caring salesman we had.