2002 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Cool Ride!
By jrbrad89 on 05/25/12 22:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Had an 02 Altima 2.5 auto as my first car in 06. Loved it. Found this 3.5 SE with about 95k on it. Great condition. Some minor scratches here and there. Leather interior is sweet. Bose sound system great. Wish it had an MP3 port in the 02. Drove this one from San Diego to upstate NY with no problems. Lowered it 2" for faster handling. Looks cool too. Only thing I dislike is the extensive procedure to change the rear 3 spark plugs. You have to drain the coolant, release the fuel pressure, set the climate control system to a specific settings, remove the intake manifold, replace the spark plugs and replace the intake gaskets. Wheel bearing gone bad now.

Manufactuing defect.
By Carl Carlson on 07/18/09 12:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I really enjoyed our Altima, we had 92000 on it and planed on another 100000. But to our dismay we found that the passenger floor board had nearly completely rusted out, shades of the 50s. It was so bad that when you put your hand on it it felt like a sponge. The dealer and the company did not care about this and would do noting that had to be a manufacturing defect. We will never buy another car from that dealer or company. We have bought a 2009 Mazda6 and love it.

Nissan Delivers Again
By Joseph on 06/24/09 09:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is great,I bought it the same year it got the new body in 2002.I always trusted nissan,my first was a 1985 maxima,then a 1990 maxima,a 2001 quest and of course the 2002 altima.This car only has 49000 miles on it to this day it is always in mint condition.

love my new car
By pamandralphbartow on 05/05/09 17:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

We just bought this use car and I have fallen in love with it! It has so much get up and go. It is sharp looking. I drive a lot for work and am so glad I bought this car!

Excellent Car
By oc344 on 03/09/09 09:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is great. No mechanical issues over the three years I have owned the car. I bought it used with 31K miles and have put over 60K miles. Oil change and brakes and tires over the three years. Excellent design inside and out. Very fast with great pick up from dead stop. Takes corners like its on rails. Going to buy a 2007 Altima in a couple of days.

Takes a hit well
By salesman on 11/07/08 19:08 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car a couple of years ago with 70000 mi now has 171000 still show room new with no problems. oil changes syn oil, new tires firehawk gt are the best I found for this car. I even hit a deer and it made sense to fix the car.Was looking at new tdi jetta and couldn't do it, spoiled with this car.

So reliable
By sdepaiva on 08/09/07 18:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my 3.5 on the internet, sight unseen. Best deal and was lucky to come across it. 2002 w/12000 miles on it, one owner, traded in to same dealer for newer vehicle. Responsive handling, nicely thought out interior features, got 31 mpg driving from Cincinnati to Ft Myers. Never a moment of trouble. I love the sporty look with the spoiler. Bose 6 CD had superb sound. I researched cars for about a year before purchasing. Altima had the biggest trunk in its class, and the most knee room in the backseat. Its fuel efficiency couldn't be beat. It pretty much created its own class. The only reason I got rid of it was to trade it for a 2006 with warranty, but selected same colors! Loved it.

too fun
By homebody609 on 02/15/07 22:42 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

just absolute fun to drive, mad power, and the steering is great too, car has no body roll, or at least very little

LOVE IT AT FIRST, BUT THEN.... NOT!
By Altima on 09/25/06 09:02 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Pros: love the power, handling good, gas is okay (v6. what do you expected), anti-lock breaks, Cons: bad brakes (worn-out quick), highway noise, steering wheel vibration even right after well balancing. "Heat seal" this is a bad and annoying thing i've been dealing with. Nissan is well known about this negative thing, but has yet to come up with a better solution. Would i buy a nissan again? The answer is noooooooooooooo!!!

My first car
By L'il J on 03/15/06 18:10 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Man there is only one thing that i have to say about this car. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got this car after i graduated from high school. I thought that i was gonna get a 2.5S but i got a 3.5Se. The performance in this car is awesome. I can reach 0-60 in like 6.0 Seconds. I remember one day i was on the expressway and i thought i was speeding, i looked down at the speedometer and i was only going 50. This car has great handling and great pick up. I especially love the dual exhaust and the xenons that my car came with. It makes me think that i have a lexus or something. The bose system is great to. The only thing that i want is the navi system but i can deal without it.A great car.