Used 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Best first car
By Hailey

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car the day I turned 16 with 119,000 miles on it. before purchasing the only thing I know was done was the head gasket was fixed. since then we have got new breaks! it sounds like I need new spark plugs due to the car shifting weird and freaking out when going up hills. other than that I wouldn't want another first car! I think as long as you maintain it well and don't go drifting and speed racing then this car is perfect. I have had the car for more than 1 year and it now has 123,000 miles on it and still loving it.

Cool Ride!
By jrbrad89

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Had an 02 Altima 2.5 auto as my first car in 06. Loved it. Found this 3.5 SE with about 95k on it. Great condition. Some minor scratches here and there. Leather interior is sweet. Bose sound system great. Wish it had an MP3 port in the 02. Drove this one from San Diego to upstate NY with no problems. Lowered it 2" for faster handling. Looks cool too. Only thing I dislike is the extensive procedure to change the rear 3 spark plugs. You have to drain the coolant, release the fuel pressure, set the climate control system to a specific settings, remove the intake manifold, replace the spark plugs and replace the intake gaskets. Wheel bearing gone bad now.

Leather, manual 5 speed, Bose system, sunroof, allow wheels, spoiler, cargo net, cruise control, leather door panels.

Shifter cover deteriorates. Chrome window lining comes loose. Needs splash guards. MP3 Port.

Manufactuing defect.
By Carl Carlson

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I really enjoyed our Altima, we had 92000 on it and planed on another 100000. But to our dismay we found that the passenger floor board had nearly completely rusted out, shades of the 50s. It was so bad that when you put your hand on it it felt like a sponge. The dealer and the company did not care about this and would do noting that had to be a manufacturing defect. We will never buy another car from that dealer or company. We have bought a 2009 Mazda6 and love it.

Stand behind their manufacturing defects.

Nissan Delivers Again
By Joseph

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is great,I bought it the same year it got the new body in 2002.I always trusted nissan,my first was a 1985 maxima,then a 1990 maxima,a 2001 quest and of course the 2002 altima.This car only has 49000 miles on it to this day it is always in mint condition.

Bose,Leather,Sunroof

The gas peddle is way too light.

love my new car
By pamandralphbartow

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

We just bought this use car and I have fallen in love with it! It has so much get up and go. It is sharp looking. I drive a lot for work and am so glad I bought this car!

The get up and go!