Used 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Cool Ride!
By jrbrad89

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Had an 02 Altima 2.5 auto as my first car in 06. Loved it. Found this 3.5 SE with about 95k on it. Great condition. Some minor scratches here and there. Leather interior is sweet. Bose sound system great. Wish it had an MP3 port in the 02. Drove this one from San Diego to upstate NY with no problems. Lowered it 2" for faster handling. Looks cool too. Only thing I dislike is the extensive procedure to change the rear 3 spark plugs. You have to drain the coolant, release the fuel pressure, set the climate control system to a specific settings, remove the intake manifold, replace the spark plugs and replace the intake gaskets. Wheel bearing gone bad now.

Favorite Features

Leather, manual 5 speed, Bose system, sunroof, allow wheels, spoiler, cargo net, cruise control, leather door panels.

Suggested Improvements

Shifter cover deteriorates. Chrome window lining comes loose. Needs splash guards. MP3 Port.

Manufactuing defect.
By Carl Carlson

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I really enjoyed our Altima, we had 92000 on it and planed on another 100000. But to our dismay we found that the passenger floor board had nearly completely rusted out, shades of the 50s. It was so bad that when you put your hand on it it felt like a sponge. The dealer and the company did not care about this and would do noting that had to be a manufacturing defect. We will never buy another car from that dealer or company. We have bought a 2009 Mazda6 and love it.

Suggested Improvements

Stand behind their manufacturing defects.

Nissan Delivers Again
By Joseph

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is great,I bought it the same year it got the new body in 2002.I always trusted nissan,my first was a 1985 maxima,then a 1990 maxima,a 2001 quest and of course the 2002 altima.This car only has 49000 miles on it to this day it is always in mint condition.

Favorite Features

Bose,Leather,Sunroof

Suggested Improvements

The gas peddle is way too light.

love my new car
By pamandralphbartow

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

We just bought this use car and I have fallen in love with it! It has so much get up and go. It is sharp looking. I drive a lot for work and am so glad I bought this car!

Favorite Features

The get up and go!

Suggested Improvements

haven't found anything yet

Excellent Car
By oc344

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is great. No mechanical issues over the three years I have owned the car. I bought it used with 31K miles and have put over 60K miles. Oil change and brakes and tires over the three years. Excellent design inside and out. Very fast with great pick up from dead stop. Takes corners like its on rails. Going to buy a 2007 Altima in a couple of days.

Favorite Features

BOSE System, Sunroof, Speed, Design

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!