Used 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Complaint
By Cadet

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It is better to buy car in the 90s now. Nissan Altima 2002 is a piece of trash. After only 61000 miles, I have to replace the head gasket which is cost a lot of money.The car consumed more oil than gas. Please stay away from Nissan Altima. I used to be in love with Nissan for so many years but know,many I will buy the older one .

Nissan Dealer needs to recall all 2002 Nissan Altima to fix the problem

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5
By Nouky

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When the car works it's great, when it doesn't, it's such a hassle. Had problems from the beginning, bought it the first year they came out with the new body style. In winter, back doors wouldn't shut until the car warmed up. Had TONS of recalls! Very inconvenient. Car still has problems starting, something about the gas flooding into something, and I have to sit there with my foot on the gas holding it down until it does start. And supposedly there's no way to fix this problem. Such a headache. The car isn't worth all this trouble.

Never buy a car in it's first year out!

Had it for 5 years, still love it.
By chris

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm this car's first owner, and all I've ever had to do was change a battery. Incredible reliability, a fun drive with great cornering, a sharp look (this was the first model year with the redesign), value. This was the first car I bought on my own and it was a solid purchase. I didn't get many fancy options (cloth interior, vinyl) but it still looks quite nice inside.

Cornering, huge trunk and roomy cabin in front and back, rearview mirror that self-adjust for brightness.

When I first got it, hard to find decent tires in the right size, but the selection seems to have improved recently. Fit and finish was a little loose when I first bought it, and I thought that might mean it would age badly, but the interior is still in great shape.

new engine
By 87000

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

my car is not over 100,000 miles and already had to get a new engine and other expensive parts

WHAT A LEMON !!
By Ty01453

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

bought this car 6 months ago (used) and it already needs a new motor. What a waste of my $$. For your own sake stay away from 2002 used altimas.

non.