Solid like a rock - 214K miles!
By Mike on
2001 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I just hit 214 thousand miles on my 2001 Nissan Altima GXE Limited Edition. I purchased the car as a certified used vehicle with around 35 thousand miles. The only major problem I had was the fried intake manifold gasket at about 60K miles which was replaced under warranty. Transmission still shifts smoothly, you can hardly hear the engine run. I believe in religious maintenance and synthetic fluids - commuting daily from Pennsylvania to North Jersey, sitting in traffic jams on I-80 and trying to avoid the potholes are but everyday occurrences for my Altima. What's original on the car? Every single thing including the engine, transmission, battery and suspension. Not a single problem!
Favorite Features
A car that doesn't break down after 60K miles like most American made crap and keeps running problem-free for over 200K miles.
Suggested Improvements
Location of driver side power seat controls could not be any worse - any 200-pound guy will destroy the thing within a month just by getting in and out of the seat. Radio stinks big time!