2001 Nissan Altima 2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - I like my little car

2001 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2001 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

GLE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

I like my little car
By PlatinumGLE on

2001 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After having a 98 Chevy Malibu for 2 years (First car) and repairing it at least once a month.. This little Altima is a great little car. I bought it with 50k for a steal, it is a Titanium Pearl Metallic GLE with every option but ABS. It was meant to be my college car but now i am trying to get it paid off by next year since i am now a Honda employee and have discounts. I have read complaints about the braking in wet weather, when you have a vehicle w/o ABS what do you expect? Brakes lock up when you hit them... My car stops fine.. It handles great with 16" rims, looks great with clear tail lights and tinted windows.. If you are wanting a 01 Altima.. I say GO for it!

Favorite Features

Leather int., side air bags, moon roof, spoiler, great handling, i love how you can "whip" it into parking spots or in and out of downtown roads. My gas mileage is good on interstate.

Suggested Improvements

Factory sound system, mine is definitely clear but no bass, everything else is improved in the new model, but i was not impressed with the new models build quality. I cant wait till i get my accord coupe!