Pretty good car
By Paul-engineer on
2001 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car as an everyday to-and-from work car, and used it that way for 5 yrs. Now my daughter has it at college. I have liked this car. It has a smooth, powerful 4-cylinder engine, and the ride is nice. It has been very reliable - a couple of repairs done under warranty (intake manifold gasket and remote fob) - no hassle. I had to replace the radio/CD player when the CD player stopped working. And I went through the round of tires/brakes/battery at 60K miles, which is normal except the cost on the brakes was high. My gas mileage has been OK - around 30 for highway, 25 in mixed city/freeway commute. Interior space is tight. I am 6'1" and I think that no one taller could use this car.
Favorite Features
Smooth ride; powerful, quiet engine; handles well; reliabity excellent; good remote/security system.
Suggested Improvements
Interior room is deficient. Steering wheel column adjust won't let steering wheel go quite high enough for my tall frame. Noisy hubcaps. A bit more road noise than I like, particulary in the rain there is a lot of splash noise.