Had it 18 months and for around 10,000 miles
By raaraa on
2001 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
This is my first car, bought it when I was in college in Arizona in 2010 for 3.5k with a 109k on it. My research said the car was worth it, and it has been so far. Had one minor issue with leaking water pump. But, the car is so easy to work on that I changed it myself and a few other things as well. Excellent performance in Arizona heat. Now the car is in Michigan, had it shipped here. Well worth it. Thermostat is giving me some trouble but she is resilient. It took her some time but she has adopted to the cold very well. The light wait does make it skid from time to time on ice, so watch out. But do not regret my decision not to buy a new car. This car has served me well and I love it!
Favorite Features
Sun roof, read spoiler, very good looking. Very few of these on the road so makes me stand out. Engine, small yet powerful. Surprises a lot of people when I put the pedal to the floor. Great driving position. Cheap parts.
Suggested Improvements
Some issues with interiors. Engine takes time to heat up in winter. The 6 CD music system is kinda cheap quality. Suspension is very soft.
By rhollandsworth
on 08/03/14 22:58 PM (PDT)

I have a 2001 Nissan Altima GXE that I purchased new in 2001. It has over 103,000 miles on the odometer and still going strong. The only major repair problem I had was covered by the warranty years ago and that was the intake manifold gasket needing replacement. Otherwise the car has had only general tuneup maintenance that's normally required by all cars.