2001 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
nice car
By cockychest on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the GXE Limited Editon in October 2000 brand new. Has been a very reliable car and have always trusted Nissan products. I presently have over 21000 miles with no problem to report. Easy to keep up and is a beautiful car after it is cleaned.

Great Car
By jhandu on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Good acceleration. Ordinary build qulity.

My Altima
By AF_J_Herman on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far, I'm really enjoying my Altima. Great AC (for New Mexico) and reliable. Easy to change oil and filters and beautiful engine. Go 2.4L!

2001 altima OK
By MAZZ on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I HAVE HAD MINE FOR A LITTLE OVER A YEAR. BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE REAR SUSPENSION. STABILIZAR BAR AND BUSHINGS SEEM TO BE WEAK ON THIS CAR. OTHER THAN THAT, IT'S FUN TO DRIVE AND PRETTY QUICK OFF THE LINE. TOP CHOICE FOR ANY DRIVER. PRICE WAS RIGHT ON TOO.

My Second Altima and Sixth Nissan
By Scott Killian on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is, like I stated, my second Altima. I love the entire Nissan product line. The 2002's are just simply awsome!!! However, with my budget the 2001 is more affordable. I also have had a 2000 Sentra and a 97 Maxima. Both of which gave me nothing less than perfect service!

Good overall value
By Dexter on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great reliability, only issue is this is my third and there a lot of squeakes and rattles.

Solid, reliable car
By natenoyd on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very well built, reliable car. Haven't had one problem in 6 months of ownership. I don't expect any either. A great bargain when compared to similarly priced competitors.

Altima is Good not Ultimate
By dcurbelo on 03/01/02 15:44 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Nissan Altima is a good car. It doesn't do anything bad but it doesn't do anything great eithier.

2001 Altima SE with all the wistles
By zheka78 on 02/28/02 14:25 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have 32000 miles on the car. Engine is powerfull. I usually cruise on highways at 80-85 miles an hour, and there is never a problem to accelerate higher. Suspension is stiff and well balanced. Joy to drive on the twisty roads. Sound system is great, 6 disks in dash is a pure pleasure. Seats (I have leather) are very comfortable. Lumbar support is useless - it is located too low and rubs agains your butt. I love the car and hope to keep it for a long while.

Verygood Try it
By jonathan on 02/26/02 21:59 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far it has been great. No problems at all and it's still fun to drive after these first three months. I would buy one again, no question.