2001 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
not so good ride....
By cpark on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i got about 26000 miles. engine is pretty good. but it burns a lot of gases. worst ride quality that i never had. tight supension that gives you wonderful corner handling. has pretty good standard feature. in dash 6 cd, fog lamp, and on. valuable price. i like that titanium silver gauge. horrible transmission. can't even see at night time. headlight is real dark. even if you turn on high beam, that darker than other car's low beam. not too good, not too bad car.

Great car, except front seats
By moliphant on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great all-around car, but I've had to put a pillow on the upper half of my seat for as long as I've owned it. I have the non-electric adjustable seat, with lumbar support and the lumbar is just too pronounced. This car is giving me back trouble. Other than the easily remedied bushing problem on the rear suspension, there are no other issues with this car. Great ride. Good value.

Ready to Trade
By missd on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I did months of research and the Altima was one of the ones that ranked high on my list. I purchased the '01 Limited Edition model and obviously this model was not included in the high-rated reviews I kept reading about. My car has died 3 times in one week, starter problems. I have to wait for it to die again and then have it towed to the mechanic for troubleshooting. The driver's side mirror vibrates on bumpy roads and when the CD is in use. No explanation or repair available. The ride isn't as smooth as I would like and the driver's side door doesn't want to close completely... go figure. I'm going to look into a '03 Accord.

Keeps on Ticking
By Road Warrior on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Nissan (92 & 96 sentras prviously) and is certainly the best and most reliable. I just had my first service problem this week after passing 70,000 miles in 26 months. The check engine light came on- I needed two new oxygen sensors. $400 is not bad after some serious use.

OK for the Don't Cares
By fiblack on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I now have 22,000 miles on the car. It is fun to drive and handles good (except in cross winds). The car is nice but I hate the fact that the right turn signal does not always cancel, the dash rattles, several jerks when the care changes gears, and when slowing down, and a wiper switch that works just by touching it. Of course the Nissan dealer says all of this is normal for the Altima. Must be a Nissan corporate saying. I had a 1997 Ford Escort that was a lot better in quality and just as fun to drive.

A VERY Safe Car, Looking for another!
By GLSC on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this car, but recently I was involved in a head-on crash with a drunk driver and I was able to walk away from the accident. My Altima was totaled, but it did exactly what it was supposed to do. I had plenty of room for my feet during the crash. The car just absorbed the impact and broke away, but the inside of the car was for the most part in tacked! As soon as I got out of the car I told my husband I wanted another one EXACTLY like it. I never had any problems with it, air worked great, seats were comfy, heat worked great, didn't make any noises when it ran.

Not bad for under 15K brand new
By cagayan on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Only needed a car that can take me from point A to point B that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and I'm actually having fun getting there.

Good Handling
By Marshall on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Rides like a sports car - stiff ride. gas mileage 21.5 city, 26 highway. good trunk space and fold down rear seat works well to increase carring capacity. Four cylinder has plenty of power to pass or climb hills.

RUNRUNRUN
By RunLikeCrazy on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2001 Nissan Altima. It is a beautiful car. That I will admit. There are some issues with the car that is too long for me to go into. Look at other cars like Toyota or Honda before purchasing your Altima. If you really need a Nissan, I suggest the Sentra.

2001 GXE Limited Edition
By JWR on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable car to drive. Rear suspension problems. Replaced the bushings on the rear sway bar twice. Just replaced a defective speed regulator on the driver side power window. Service department at the local dealer is very poor when it comes to customer service.