2001 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
2001 Altima
By woodrow ban on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A very reliable and competent car. Nothing about the car reaches out and grabs you. It just starts and runs every day. Handling comfortable, but not exciting. Acceleration more than adequate, but won't excite you. If you want comfortable, decently appointed, reliable transportation, this is it. Short legged/armed drivers will feel more at home than gangly drivers. Particularly, shorter women will like the car's seating. Opt for a sunroof. It makes the interior brighter, and makes the car seem more open and spacious.

Practical and Basic
By SallyM on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned Nissans since 1979. I don't think they can be beat for reliability/dependability. The Nissan Altima 2001 is no exception to this, only it's a really boring car. It's not fun to drive: Less power, poorer handling in wet weather, wider turning radius, and it just looks like a million others. It is so common looking that you lose it in parking lots. Save your money and buy one that's 2002 model year after they changed the design and made it look a whole lot sharper. Why not have looks, performance and dependability instead of just dependability?

I'm a happy owner
By soklorsee on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

During the first year , there were lots of strange noises coming from dash and engine. I took it back to dealer and they fixed them all under warranty. Now the car drives very well and it's actually fun to drive. Very smooth and adequate power. I will definitely get another nissan. The only thing about this car is the suspension is little too stiff. Would be a perfect car if equiped with a softer suspension.

Great car & great reliability
By stickywickett on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased in 2001 and have had absolutely zero problems!! It's been one of the most reliable cars I've had (so far 32,000 miles). Handles great, even in the snow/rain. Great value for the money, too.

OKay so far.
By OKay Owner on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Limite Edition New in 2001. I have not had anyproblems except for the rear drivers window would not go up, and a short time later, the drivers window did the same. Other than that, no problem gets good gas mileage. Have 4cyl, would like more pick up if i needed it, but good with what I have. Not sure I would get this car again, but I am still planning to keep it awhile.

Whats up with the Windows?
By mrmnico on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased July,01 I have since had Chopped Tires. An authorized center credited me on the tread left on tire and replaced. Power Windows were not opening and closing properly. first the rear on the passanger side. It was fixed under warranty. Couople weeks ago (Aug, 03) my front passanger window and rear drvier side window are now doing the same thing. This issue was fixed once again under warranty, well guess what, First Week of Sept03 DRIVER SIDE WIN. IS DOING THE SAME THING! thats all 4 windows with the same problem. I was interested in purchasing the SE Crewcab Frontier, but with these dilemas it makes me weary on purchasing the Frontier.

Great Car!
By JoanC on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

What a great mid-size economical car! It is affordable, with fantastic performance (Nissan supplied an ideal engine/powertrain for this model), very good mileage, comfort, sporty luxury, and superb handling. What a pleasure it is to drive.

Great Car
By joker on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Altima new in July 01 and have had no problems at all with the car. Rides good, plenty of room, fun to drive and has plenty of pick up for a 4 cylinder. I owned a Honda Civic prior to this and the civic could not even compare to this beauty.

Altima SE, 2001
By John Lampe on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been a zero defect vehicle. It does everything well. The standard six CD in-dash radio is a delight. the std four wheel disc brakes are excelent as well as the sport suspension. It has been totally reliable so far (30k miles).

Bad Nissan Experience
By Carlos Chiari on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I read before I purchased the car issues regarding "vibrations at high speeds". When I test drove it, it seemed fine, so I purchased it. After 3,000 miles the shake developed and i took it into the dealership. Conveniently, they "weren't able to reproduce the shake;" hence, unable to fix it. After 3 visits, they still can't "replicate it". Ugh! Second gear also shifts rough - another thing they can't fix. Now my engine's making a "metallic scratching noise", which - yup you guessed it - they can't replicate. This is my first and last Nissan. I'm going back to overpriced Hondas....