2001 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Eight years and going strong
By Nancy on 06/26/09 13:25 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Nissan Altima GLE new, and currently have 84,400 miles on it, with plans to drive it several more years if it continues to perform well. I have been faithful with routine maintenance, and have had no problems at all. It is a comfortable, roomy sedan.

Ok, but disappointed
By JLPearl on 04/23/09 09:23 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was disappointed in this car. Have heard foriegn cars are better, and this was my first one - no more for me. Check engine light came on before we even got it home! Went round & round with the dealer who finally agreed to the repair - intake manifold gasket (exact same problem I had with my GM!) Car sits low - it will rust, even if you constantly wash it. Car is light and has a rough ride - feel every bump in the road. Exterior trim started falling off one day for no reason. Power drivers window was very sluggish. Gas mileage was horrid - I the best I got was 24mpg. I went back to GM and am happier. I get 28-30mpg consistently with my current full size GM product (V6).

I like my little car
By PlatinumGLE on 07/13/05 23:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After having a 98 Chevy Malibu for 2 years (First car) and repairing it at least once a month.. This little Altima is a great little car. I bought it with 50k for a steal, it is a Titanium Pearl Metallic GLE with every option but ABS. It was meant to be my college car but now i am trying to get it paid off by next year since i am now a Honda employee and have discounts. I have read complaints about the braking in wet weather, when you have a vehicle w/o ABS what do you expect? Brakes lock up when you hit them... My car stops fine.. It handles great with 16" rims, looks great with clear tail lights and tinted windows.. If you are wanting a 01 Altima.. I say GO for it!

Practical and Basic
By SallyM on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned Nissans since 1979. I don't think they can be beat for reliability/dependability. The Nissan Altima 2001 is no exception to this, only it's a really boring car. It's not fun to drive: Less power, poorer handling in wet weather, wider turning radius, and it just looks like a million others. It is so common looking that you lose it in parking lots. Save your money and buy one that's 2002 model year after they changed the design and made it look a whole lot sharper. Why not have looks, performance and dependability instead of just dependability?

Great Car
By jhandu on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Good acceleration. Ordinary build qulity.