Best car I've ever owned
By michelle on
2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan
I bought the 2000 Nissan Altima GXE in 2004, when it had about 60k miles. It now has 119K, and has been, without a doubt, the most reliable, trouble-free car I've ever owned. And I've owned about 20. I just had to do a distributor last week, but that was the first real repair I've had. Oh, and for some reason, I end up doing motor mounts every other year, but I like a very quiet, vibration free car, so it might just be me. The Nissan mechanic said the '99 and '00 model years of this car were the absolute best. I agree. In fact, I'm thinking about moving up to a 2005, but I'm afraid it won't be as good as the 2000 has been to me. If you can't afford headaches, buy this car.
Favorite Features
Reliability, Tortoise Shell/Wood Grain accents look really luxe. Great drink holders! Freezing A/C. Dual center console compartments. I put my change in the top one, and everything else in the bottom one... lots of room. Good gas mileage. Very comfy... 2 cross country trips, no backaches!
Suggested Improvements
The exterior design could be hotter, but they've done that since the 2002's. Would have liked a bigger opening to the trunk... lots of trunk space, but a very small opening, so some things just wouldn't go in, even though there was space inside. Fix the sub-standard radio reception/antenna.