2000 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Great car- very satisfied.
By C White on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Good car. have not had any problems with it and have recommended the Altima/ Nissan to friends. My next car may be the new model Altima (with the V- 6 of course)!

Terrific Value
By mbednorz on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Best value in this class and this price range. Looked hard at 4-door auto subcompacts. Got it down to Civic, Protege, and Altima. All had build quality, resale, value, interior room, handling, and reliability. On test drives, the Altima stood out for performance, ride, and interior. Got a used GLE (for $12k, 29k miles, like new). Very torquey 4 cylinder works very well with the automatic. You'd swear it was a V6. Terrific GLE interior. Very smooth on the highway, roomy interior, great trunk. Completely trouble-free. Only downside is the drab styling. Two thumbs up.

By albepositive on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has given me absolutely no problems whatsoever. I have replaced tires, air filter, and oil, just routine maintenance. Car has decent acceleration with 5-speed manual, very good braking and excellent handling. Road noise with sporty tires on some types of pavement can be annoying and tires are not best invery wet and snowy conditions. My gas mileage has been so so, around 24-25 mpg probably from excessive speeding! For the money I paid, $16,900, this car is a great value, nothing outstanding, but nothing to complain about either. Based on this vehicles reliability I would buy a Nissan again

2000 GLE
By RJ193 on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Great car for the money. Would buy a new one today! Low maintenance cost and reliable. However, only gets 25 MPG on the open road with the automatic. Good pick up and handling. Front brake squeal since day one.

Like a liitle Accura
By P Schomer on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

This cars was a pleasant surprise, I bought it for the total value and besides GLE included upgrades got ABS and rear spoiler The car has a quick, sporty ride which improved after I replaced the Original Firestone tires with a more aggressive rain tire by Cooper, at 25,000 miles.

2000 Altima SE - Manual
By Dennis on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a little over 3 yrs. ago and at 60,000 mi. it still runs great. No problems whatsoever. Fast for a 4 banger. Looks great on outside. Inside is simple and functional. Big on fun to drive. Would be a great used car.

DRIVEN
By ibjgh on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

This is the first new car I've bought and I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I would recommend this car to anyone.I drive, on average, 22,000 miles a year.I went thru a set of tires and did some routine maintenance,a very inexpensive car to drive.

Fun and Functional
By JPS49 on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

I have driven the 2000 Altima SE for 34000 miles in the three years I have leased it. It has been fun to drive every day. The five speed, excellent cornering and very responsive engine make it a great car to lease/own. I have changed the oil and put two brake pads on in that time. I'm sorry that my lease is up. If Nissan would sell it back to me for a decent price, I would buy it.

2000 altima gxe
By Ralph on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

The only problem I have is getting pulled over for speeding. You don't feel the speed in this car it's that awesome. Never had a problem in the 2-3 years and 51000 miles that I have it. I bought it brand new. Regular oil changes and two new tires and twice the air filter are the only maintenances that I have done to this car.

2000 altima gxe
By ralph on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)