Used 2000 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Not Bad...but not Good
By honest abe

2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Good car. Freezing AC. Gas mileage is not too great. Steering tough to turn in parking lots. Very reliable. Good engine. Could be smoother and quieter. If you are looking for a nice "USED" car then this is your pick. I would rather have gone with the VW Passatt

Engine, AC, Good name, Tail Lights, Visibility.

Gas mileage, Road Noise, interior quality, Better Bumpers

So and So
By Tiki

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

This car was great when i bought it used with 85k miles, it waws wonderful until i decided to customize it, Rims, exhaust, the works, the suspension is now very bumpy, but it corners like a BMW. Overall this car is "you get what u pay for". Brakes wear down real fast, but maybe thats just my driving. Tires wear down real fast too.

Interior is nice, the whole wood trim thing. Cup holders in the back, good call.

Better mpg, im only gettin 19mpg combined. Better suspension. More HP. That squeaking from the belt... please.

Great Engine, Weak Exterior, Good Car
By Tom Mangee

2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

It's been excellent overall with the exception of the ext. body -- bumber front and back are weak spots for trouble....front quarter-panel also. It has been extremely reliable -- Altimas have a weak spot on the power windows also, the switches on the doors, the motors and the regulators go out early. Engine is devine in every way: reliable, smooth, strong.

I luv my Nissan:-)
By Dwija

2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

We've had this car for a little over 2 years now and have had no problems at all. Regular maintenence and it runs like a dream. It's not the hottest car on the road, but with 2 toddlers in the back, reliability and safety are the most important things. We're at about 78K miles, and we're going to keep driving it until it falls apart, which probably won't be for a looooong time. My first car was an old beater Nissan Sentra, and it never let my down. Right now, our other car is a pick- up...not too practical with kids, so we're looking to buy a boring old mini- van, and the '02 Nissan Quest is looking pretty good at the moment!

Overdrive let's me beat almost everyone from the line at a light; my first car with a CD player, and we use it constantly; remote locking/unlocking with key fob; A/C blows ice

The road noise is a little louder than on some pricier sedans, but maybe we just have cheap tires. Otherwise none (not that it would matter, as the car has been totally redesigned)

Worth the price
By RJ

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car new and had not had any real problems. The Firestone tires wore out in less than 35,000 miles. The first brakes are VERY loud for the first few miles. I would recommend this car to anyone. I have 70K and it is still running strong.

Enjoy the sun roof.

Needs better brakes and tires. Could use a few more MPG only gets about 21 MPG around city.