Used 2000 Nissan Altima SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Fun & Reliable
By Sheri

2000 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Altima new and have loved it since day one! In 1999 I drove a rental on a business trip and fell in love--otherwise I never would have noticed this car. At 150,000 miles I spent some money to replace water pump and radiator, but other than that I have had almost no repair work done on this very reliable car. After 10 years, I'm still comfortable taking the car on long road trips and it looks great! The engine is great with 1 or 2 passengers, sluggish with the AC on or with a carload--what do you expect from a 2.0L engine?

I love the SE model with the spoiler! The car hugs the road and handles beautifully--I actually accelerate into curves. It looks great painted black.

Just a bit more headroom would be nice. I'm 5'10" and had to forgo the sunroof for headroom. Also a larger trunk opening would make the huge trunk much more useful.

Not at all bad
By Smeg

2000 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Fun to drive and reliable. Not the quickest car on the road, but definitely not a slouch either. Comfortably seats 4 adults, with a suprisingly large trunk. I would have loved the manual instead of the auto. Comfortable over long drives, the car didn't get uncomfortable over a 10 hour stretch and back. Not easy on the gas around town unfortunately. Typical Japanese reliability and build quality. Interior is nothing amazing, but practical and easy to use.

good handling reliability of a nissan SE model looks good in black

Fun To Drive, But...
By Shawn

2000 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I really appreciate the Altima's handling and the engine is tolerable. But I have had several problems. I bought the car used and it developed some very annoying rattles. The intake manifold gasket went after one year (Nissan covered the repair), and the instrument cluster died on the interstate, and came back to life about 30 miles later. I love the way the car looks and handles, but I am dissapointed with the mechanical problems I have an encountered. I am really having a hard time deciding whether to keep it. With gas prices on the rise it may have to go. I typically get less than 20 mpg. I have a 6 cylinder Jeep that gets better gas mileage.

Styling and handling is superb

Gas mileage! Traction on wet roads. Work out the electrical bugs.

2000 Nissan Altima
By jeanetta76

2000 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love the handling of the car and it's reliability. But i hate the maintenance pricing...it's too high.

Handling

lower maintenance prices and give discounts if you want to buy another Nissan.

THE BEST CAR
By f29princess

2000 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car is awesome to drive, and doesn't waste gas...performs well under the Miami crazy drivers!!!! and as far as repairs go, I have never had to repair anything. Just keep up the maintenance on the car, and you will be cruisin! I love my car!

I have a sun roof, and my stereo system is kickin....

Really, the only improvements i would say is that this model doesn't have ABS....(which is the anti-lock brake system)my car is a '99.....