Used 2000 Nissan Altima GXE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

2000 Altima GXE
By James Bond

2000 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

bought it for $1,400,It had about 96,450 miles on it.It now has 109,400.The previous owner or owners didn't take very good care if it,But I was in a bind and felt I got a good deal,turns out I have.I've drove the car on long trips like Oklahoma to Northern California it ran great doing about 70 the whole way in the middle of summer.It has always started up for me.I've reached 120mph in it....but that was a one time thing I was curious I take care of the car...I'm replacing the knock sensor not because it was bad but because somehow it came unplugged on the pigtail end of it is plastic and broke.New brakes,batterie,replace the valve cover gasket when I bought the car haven't had a problem with that sense...I use mobile 1 high mileage.
I'm proud of this car.I'd buy it again.My next car will be Nissan for sure.

Great Car
By Jan F

2000 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

My car currently has 205,000 miles. Have replaced the alternator twice. I don't think the 1st one was that good, but hopefully the second one will be better. My mechanic tells me the car is still in great shape - not leaking any oil or anything. I have to say I have been extremely pleased with the reliability and dependability of this car. I have driven a lot of highway miles on it and I think that has helped emensely.

Reliability & dependability

Not the best experience
By Mark

2000 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 84,000 miles. At 125,000 miles the power steering pump went out, the radiator was cracked and needed to be replaced, and I was getting a low oil pressure light going off. After a week in the shop they discovered little pieces of metal in my oil pump and in my oil pan. Apparently something came loose and essential ruined the motor. Prior to this slew of issues I never had a problem and enjoyed the car as a simple point A to point B type of vehicle. Maybe I was just unlucky, don't know. You can get these cars pretty cheap compared to the competition, and it's probably worth the gamble, but I had a bad experience.

Low price

better fuel economy

My Altima
By K

2000 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This is my 4th Nissan. I go back to Datsun 1967. My Altima is acting strange - warning lights go on & off, and doors lock and unlock. The automatic/remote door lock device has never worked well. Also, the air conditioner keeps leaking.

Came with 2 remote locks, even though 1 worked only for 1 year.

Electrical - problems in 2 of my cars.

Great Reliable Car
By JimDee

2000 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 43000 miles. Almost 8 years later and at 143000, the car still runs great. Has always started up. It has only required basic maintenance (oil changes, tires, brakes, lights). It is a stick and gets 30mpg in town, 35 mpg highway. I'm so satisfied with this vehicle, I'm looking to get another Altima.

Reliability, reliability, reliability.

Emissions. The light for emissions is on and will have to get fixed the next time I get inspected. This seems to happen to all the Altimas.