2000 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
It has 200,000km and lady-driven (which also means lady-maintained...lol).
By avroarrow on 04/22/11 19:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from a family member for $1000 so the price was right but it did need a lot of TLC. Things that I've replaced so far: CAT at manifold, knock sensor, MAF sensor, 02 sensor, rad, complete rear brakes. Other problems: Leaking A/C system (hopefully I've fixed that) wiring defect in the spoiler light (I'll fix that soon). The oil filter is impossible to change without putting the car on a hoist, over a pit or on jack stands/ramps. The PCV valve is hidden under the intake manifold and will require hours to change. The shifter light also needs replacing. If I wasn't a DIYer, I'd be broke, but I am a DIYer and now that I've done these repairs, it will go another 200,000km for sure.

Expected more from a Nissan
By jp on 08/30/10 11:53 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Disappointed in Nissan quality. I have own Nissan's and Honda's in the past and all were better than this model. I bought the vehicle used with 44k mi. I have had nothing but trouble since. Luckily, I purchased the extended warranty to 100k offsetting some cost. Had problems with A/C elec. module, tie-rods, ball- joints...had to replace a freaking motor mount! Had to replace oxygen sensors, water-pump, recently, the valve cover gasket and intake manifold. Interior seats rattle, door trim & sunroof trim comes off. I kept this car well maintained and it just continued to show its poor craftsmanship. I have 120k mi. now and plan in dumping it. Do yourself a favor and buy a Honda.

Happy Altima owner.
By Ram Zavala on 06/20/09 11:07 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 43000 miles on it back in September 01 and have since put in over 100k miles. Other the the usual wear and tear it has been a very reliable vehicle. I have done regular maintenance on it: replaced starter, brakes,alternator etc but otherwise it has been such a good car that I can't seem to part with it.

So and So
By Tiki on 11/20/05 12:24 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

This car was great when i bought it used with 85k miles, it waws wonderful until i decided to customize it, Rims, exhaust, the works, the suspension is now very bumpy, but it corners like a BMW. Overall this car is "you get what u pay for". Brakes wear down real fast, but maybe thats just my driving. Tires wear down real fast too.

Worth the price
By RJ on 07/16/05 19:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car new and had not had any real problems. The Firestone tires wore out in less than 35,000 miles. The first brakes are VERY loud for the first few miles. I would recommend this car to anyone. I have 70K and it is still running strong.

Overall A Great Car!
By Kobayashi on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car March 2002 with 38k miles and have had almost no issues with this vehicle. Now just turning 71k miles, aside from the routine scheduled maintenance, the only mechanical repair was to fix a serpentine belt idler pulley. As many 2000 Nissan Altima owners will tell you, this is a common problem for these vehicles but a relatively inexpensive repair. This has been a very good commuter car and I have taken it on several road trips of more than 1,000 miles with confidence. Overall this has been a terrific vehicle and it is just as reliable as the Honda and Toyota competitors.

Great car- very satisfied.
By C White on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Good car. have not had any problems with it and have recommended the Altima/ Nissan to friends. My next car may be the new model Altima (with the V- 6 of course)!

Terrific Value
By mbednorz on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Best value in this class and this price range. Looked hard at 4-door auto subcompacts. Got it down to Civic, Protege, and Altima. All had build quality, resale, value, interior room, handling, and reliability. On test drives, the Altima stood out for performance, ride, and interior. Got a used GLE (for $12k, 29k miles, like new). Very torquey 4 cylinder works very well with the automatic. You'd swear it was a V6. Terrific GLE interior. Very smooth on the highway, roomy interior, great trunk. Completely trouble-free. Only downside is the drab styling. Two thumbs up.

2000 GLE
By RJ193 on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Great car for the money. Would buy a new one today! Low maintenance cost and reliable. However, only gets 25 MPG on the open road with the automatic. Good pick up and handling. Front brake squeal since day one.

Like a liitle Accura
By P Schomer on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

This cars was a pleasant surprise, I bought it for the total value and besides GLE included upgrades got ABS and rear spoiler The car has a quick, sporty ride which improved after I replaced the Original Firestone tires with a more aggressive rain tire by Cooper, at 25,000 miles.