2000 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Fun & Reliable
By Sheri on 07/09/09 19:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Altima new and have loved it since day one! In 1999 I drove a rental on a business trip and fell in love--otherwise I never would have noticed this car. At 150,000 miles I spent some money to replace water pump and radiator, but other than that I have had almost no repair work done on this very reliable car. After 10 years, I'm still comfortable taking the car on long road trips and it looks great! The engine is great with 1 or 2 passengers, sluggish with the AC on or with a carload--what do you expect from a 2.0L engine?

Not at all bad
By Smeg on 05/01/06 13:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

Fun to drive and reliable. Not the quickest car on the road, but definitely not a slouch either. Comfortably seats 4 adults, with a suprisingly large trunk. I would have loved the manual instead of the auto. Comfortable over long drives, the car didn't get uncomfortable over a 10 hour stretch and back. Not easy on the gas around town unfortunately. Typical Japanese reliability and build quality. Interior is nothing amazing, but practical and easy to use.

Fun To Drive, But...
By Shawn on 01/29/05 20:26 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

I really appreciate the Altima's handling and the engine is tolerable. But I have had several problems. I bought the car used and it developed some very annoying rattles. The intake manifold gasket went after one year (Nissan covered the repair), and the instrument cluster died on the interstate, and came back to life about 30 miles later. I love the way the car looks and handles, but I am dissapointed with the mechanical problems I have an encountered. I am really having a hard time deciding whether to keep it. With gas prices on the rise it may have to go. I typically get less than 20 mpg. I have a 6 cylinder Jeep that gets better gas mileage.

2000 Nissan Altima
By jeanetta76 on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

I love the handling of the car and it's reliability. But i hate the maintenance pricing...it's too high.

THE BEST CAR
By f29princess on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

This car is awesome to drive, and doesn't waste gas...performs well under the Miami crazy drivers!!!! and as far as repairs go, I have never had to repair anything. Just keep up the maintenance on the car, and you will be cruisin! I love my car!

By albepositive on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has given me absolutely no problems whatsoever. I have replaced tires, air filter, and oil, just routine maintenance. Car has decent acceleration with 5-speed manual, very good braking and excellent handling. Road noise with sporty tires on some types of pavement can be annoying and tires are not best invery wet and snowy conditions. My gas mileage has been so so, around 24-25 mpg probably from excessive speeding! For the money I paid, $16,900, this car is a great value, nothing outstanding, but nothing to complain about either. Based on this vehicles reliability I would buy a Nissan again

2000 Altima SE - Manual
By Dennis on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a little over 3 yrs. ago and at 60,000 mi. it still runs great. No problems whatsoever. Fast for a 4 banger. Looks great on outside. Inside is simple and functional. Big on fun to drive. Would be a great used car.

Fun and Functional
By JPS49 on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

I have driven the 2000 Altima SE for 34000 miles in the three years I have leased it. It has been fun to drive every day. The five speed, excellent cornering and very responsive engine make it a great car to lease/own. I have changed the oil and put two brake pads on in that time. I'm sorry that my lease is up. If Nissan would sell it back to me for a decent price, I would buy it.

Very good value
By Bridgeman on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

I leased this car a little over two years ago and have put 35,000 miles on it so far with absolutely NO problems. The gas mileage is great (up to 39 mph, averaged around 28, never less than 25). The 155 ponies are plenty to haul this car quickly off the line. The cornering is second to none for any car in this class, but replace the stock tires (they suck). The interior is simple, yet comfortable with plenty of room. The ride is very smooth and quiet. It's very fun to drive and has plenty of room. It looks nice, drives nice, and is cheap to opperate. I'm definately buying this when my lease is up.

this car is just good
By mike g on 03/05/02 20:35 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

i have the se model which is very sporty and fun to drive with a 5 speed, great cornering, decent acceleration. those OEM Bridgestones are terrible in snow and rain. don't get a black interior if you have a light fur dog