Used 2000 Nissan Altima GXE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great Car
By Jan F

2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

My car currently has 205,000 miles. Have replaced the alternator twice. I don't think the 1st one was that good, but hopefully the second one will be better. My mechanic tells me the car is still in great shape - not leaking any oil or anything. I have to say I have been extremely pleased with the reliability and dependability of this car. I have driven a lot of highway miles on it and I think that has helped emensely.

Favorite Features

Reliability & dependability

Not the best experience
By Mark

2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 84,000 miles. At 125,000 miles the power steering pump went out, the radiator was cracked and needed to be replaced, and I was getting a low oil pressure light going off. After a week in the shop they discovered little pieces of metal in my oil pump and in my oil pan. Apparently something came loose and essential ruined the motor. Prior to this slew of issues I never had a problem and enjoyed the car as a simple point A to point B type of vehicle. Maybe I was just unlucky, don't know. You can get these cars pretty cheap compared to the competition, and it's probably worth the gamble, but I had a bad experience.

Favorite Features

Low price

Suggested Improvements

better fuel economy

My Altima
By K

2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

This is my 4th Nissan. I go back to Datsun 1967. My Altima is acting strange - warning lights go on & off, and doors lock and unlock. The automatic/remote door lock device has never worked well. Also, the air conditioner keeps leaking.

Favorite Features

Came with 2 remote locks, even though 1 worked only for 1 year.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical - problems in 2 of my cars.

Great Reliable Car
By JimDee

2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 43000 miles. Almost 8 years later and at 143000, the car still runs great. Has always started up. It has only required basic maintenance (oil changes, tires, brakes, lights). It is a stick and gets 30mpg in town, 35 mpg highway. I'm so satisfied with this vehicle, I'm looking to get another Altima.

Favorite Features

Reliability, reliability, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Emissions. The light for emissions is on and will have to get fixed the next time I get inspected. This seems to happen to all the Altimas.

By JCH

2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

it has been enjoyable. The only items that have been replaced on this vehicle in the nearly 9 years of ownership, are normally replaceable items. It has been a very solid performer. I have no regrets.

Favorite Features

Interior room and trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.