1999 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: very reliable

1999 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

GLE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

very reliable
By szefo on

1999 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Altima from a salvage auction. Everything was ok except for the engine. I replaced the engine from a year 2000 Altima. So far I haven't had any major issues with the car, got it at 32k miles now it has 62k. I do oil changes every 3000 miles. It runs great and has a neat pickup as for a 4 cylinder engine. I put 17" rims on it and now it handles like BMW. The radio broke when I played self recorded CDs. I guess it was not designed for those. I would recomend it to anybody who wants low maintenance and reliability. This car might not be too luxurious but it's main parts are well designed and should last many years.

I like the luxry features, lether, sunroof keyless entry and tinted glass. It really changes this car. And of course the engine and transmission.

Certainly millage/gallon needs improvements. Also the body's sheet metal is not strong. Cap holder in the back and ashray. Ashray in the front could have a light in it.