1999 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Used Altima

1999 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

SE Limited Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Used Altima
By doug on

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I was looking for an affordable and reliable car in the $3500 range to serve as my daily commuter. My 2000 Ford F-150 doesn't compare when it comes to fuel consumption. I am happy about my purchase. Fuel consumption, comfort and so far reliability are all great, not to mention the looks. The turning radius is a little wide but that's ok. I had to replace the 2 stock door speakers and the 2 rear deck speakers because they were blown. These are all 6 1/2 cheap 1 way spkrs. They are rated 30w max/15w nom. I replaced them with Pioneer 6 1/2 260w 4-way spkrs (model TS-G671M). Great upgrade. I recommend anyone looking for a good commuter vehicle consider this car. Can't go wrong.

I love the electric antenna. The sunroof has 2 settings. (1-slides all the way back. 2-back part of roof flips up). Fuel economy is great. Seats are comfy. Quiet ride. Gauge cluster is nice. Center console is nice.

Big driver side blind spot. The visors could be a little larger. Power door locks are weird. Only driver has button to lock all doors. On my other vehicles all doors have a power d/l button. Hurry big truck owners and buy one and watch your gas savings grow.