223K Miles and Still Going
By altimatelover on
1999 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan
I have 223K miles and still going. I love this car. I bought it at 12K miles in 2001. It's had very few problems. The only time I had a serious problem was the alternator went at around 170K. The interior plastic is rather cheap though and my visor attachments had problems. Pretty minor stuff. My husband believes in maintenance so we've changed out parts such as tie rods, spark plugs, radiator (was leaking), CV boot and brakes. Very little maintenance in 11 years. 4 hours in mechanic shop is longest time (alternator). Paint fading, 1 leather seat cracked. At this point the shocks could use replacement, but, even the shocks are better than most cars. 26-29 MPG. Love the Altima!
Favorite Features
It's the energizer bunny of cars--it just keeps going. Plus it's really comfortable. I'm short and i fit so well into this car. Perfect steering wheel to pedal distance.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the visor attachment--2 altimas, 4 visors--all broke before 30K miles. The interior plastic should have a little more longevity. The driver seat leather cracked. Paint is faded. It all happened at once too. I have an SE Automatic, but it doesn't give that option for the 99 Nissan Altima