Best car in my life
By Tom from Tulsa on
1999 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan
Best car I ever owned. Bought it used in 2000 with 23,000 miles on it. Now I have 142,000 on it and it is still going strong. Showing few signs of age. Unsurpassed reliability. Fun. Classy. Peppy, most powerful 4 cylinder I've ever experienced. Have never felt the need for more power, even driving the Colorado mountains. Easily passed most cars if necessary. Front wheel drive made driving in snow a breeze. Even now, Sep 2006, it looks good. Not that out of style really. Rear spoiler helps the looks. Still get compliments on it now. Would that I could find another car to match this one. A hard act to follow. Don't think a better car has ever been built for the money. Can't stop raving.
Favorite Features
Reliability. Looks. Power. Snappy 4 cylinder, responds quickly in a pinch. Even now, in Sep 2006. Low maintenance. Change the oil, tires, and brakes. That's about it. Really a dream car to own over the long haul. Good cupholders. Well designed interior. Nissan rocks. No complaints in 6 and 1/2 years
Suggested Improvements
Brakes and tires need replacing a little too often it seems. A little too noisy on the highway. Factory CD player stopped working at about 90K. Minor issues filling the tank. Gas backs up and spills over causing most gas station nozzles to shut off too quickly before tank is actually full. No biggy.