1999 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
98K and still going
By cmoaro on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Another former Honda diehard and I wouldn't trade my Altima for anything except maybe a newer one with less wind noise.

A Pleasure to Drive
By samudra on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought it at 73000 miles, and am pleased with its performance and ride quality.

nice car
By jimff on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

This was a nice dependable car. The cost was minimal, and the ride was great. No problems whatsoever.

Great Car
By myaltima on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

This is a peppy little car. We have not had a single complaint about it. We bought this car 2 months after purchasing a Maxima to replace my wife's ailing 4 year old Saturn with relatively low miles. I drive it at times and find no problems with get up and go after driving the Maxima. I truly adore this car and am comfortable with my wife and 21 month old daughter in it in and around town. Safe and reliable.

The 99 Altima GXE
By Fast Car on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car for about 4 months now. This car is more impressive than the 99 Maxima. If you rarely drive on the interstate, then this car is perfect. The cars cooling/heater unit works fast. This car is the best 4 cyclinder car ever. The only drawback is road noise, Slight vibrations when braking at high speeds and terrible stereo. The mirrors are bigger than the Maxima. There is no power seats which is what I like because it takes forever for the seat to adjust if it had one. If this car is great what is the new body style like? Oh one more thing! Weaving in and out of traffic is easy.

Great Buy!!
By Nikole on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Altima used after looking for over 3 months. I was pretty open to about anything but I loved the features of the car. I also loved that going from an old Subaru that got 35 miles per gallon that the Altima was not far behind.

Mr Reliable For Sure !
By Edwin J on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Thius car has been an excellent low maintenance vehicle. Oil changes/ general maintenance is all it takes. Just start it up and go. I had only one problem since getting the car last month the odomoter went and I had to wait 4 weeks for a new one . These all are reconditioned parts nissan doesn't give new parts in this case believe it or not. Other than that this car has been a dream . I would recommend it to anyone. As I said Mr Reliable For Sure !!

Nissan Altima
By Brenda Martin on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

An excellent vehicle with no mechanical problems. We are going to trade it in for a new one.

Worthed!
By bargainsbuyer on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I wasn't sure which car to get. My choices were narrowed down to Camry, Accord and Altima. I have test driven the stick version of all of them and to my surprise Altima superseded by far the other two. Though it can be a little noisy I really like the fast response and the low maintenance required. Except the tires, Firestone, which do not live up to the claimed treadware of 500.

Got To Get This One
By reemer on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this Altima used. It was coming in off of a lease. It stills runs good and sounds quite. I would recommend this car to anyone. It handles wonderful and has great pickup. I got everything I wanted and more love the fog lights especially in the mountains at night. Great gas mileage also. Easy to handle. Fun to drive. I feel like a race care driver at the INDY 500.