Used 1999 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

1999 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Bngwtr
By bongwater78

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

This is my second nissan altima, a wonderful car at an affordable price, fits all my friends and goes across town and back with the low fuel light on. Nothing like driving a stick...

Favorite Features

The clutch and stick

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a six speed and bose factory audio?

recommended
By elizabeth ochoa

1999 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

I still have the car. It's been a great experience and plan to change it for another Nissan car. Very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

sound system. too low, uncomfortable to get in and out. brakes should last longer. better tires.

Perfect Used Car
By L7jr

1999 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

After alot of research for my next car I decided on the Altima. I have no regrets at all. I purchased the car with 79,000 miles and now have 90,000 miles on it and have only 3 things gone wrong on the car other than brakes and oil changes. The first thing that went were my CV boots and second my throttle linkage snapped which controls the acceleration of the car. Basically, when it snapped my gas pedal did nothing and left me stranded. My mechanic told me in his 25 years of working he had never seen that happen on a car. Lastly, the alternator had to replaced but other than that the car has been perfect and I highly reccommend this car. I added a K&N filter and it makes such a difference.

Favorite Features

Power of engine, radio & A/C controls, exterior styling, visibility, RELIABILITY

Suggested Improvements

ABS should have been standard (I don't have it), MPG can be erratic sometimes (sometimes extremely frugal and other times it burns quickly), maybe a height adjustor for the driver seat but that is just nitpicking

Cars the way they should be
By Wife's car

1999 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

After reading the reviews of others I thought I should add my two cents. I currently have 183,000 miles on my Nissan Altima and planning to go at least another until 250,000 before giving it to my niece. The car has been trouble free just change the oil and brakes along with tires and keep driving it. Wanted to put this out to other folks with less miles so they know their cars still have a long way to go, keep on trucking. Don

Favorite Features

The way it drives is great, I wish personally they would have not changed, I liked the old style better

Suggested Improvements

Does not have keyless trunk remote and it should.

Great Car!
By B.Hill

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

My Altima has been a great car - very reliable. Pros: good gas mileage for size, comfortable ride, sporty feel. Cons: trunk design - opening is very small for such a large trunk, both front speakers have blown out even though I don't play loud music. Cost to replace each one at dealer is about $170. I replaced one but am doing without the other for now. Overall, though, I'm very pleased with my car and plan to drive it until it falls apart.

Favorite Features

Engine size compared to similar cars, gas economy, comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk design is bad - looks to have been fixed with new Altima.