1999 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
One of the best cars ever made!
By Victor/ChromeKing on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I have to say this is one of the best cars ever made, because i have had no problems what so ever. I fell in love the moment i lay my eye's on this car.This car has everything you could ask for and the engine is great.

Excellent Nissan car!
By Mike-I on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

This is my wife's car but I drove it maybe 5000 miles and all I can say is that is very reliable, never had any major problems (bought it new), great performance overall. Gas mileage is one of the best, good power, handling, comfort, good resale value. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Absolutely worry free
By titan on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

I have not had a single problem with this car and it now has 95,000 miles. No rattles, shakes, overheating, etc. Interior has held up better than any car I have had. For the type of car it is it couldn't be better.

Best darn car for the money!!
By Zelmosan on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this used Nissan from my local Nissan dealer with 17,000 miles on it.The 1999 Altima now has 116,000 miles and I have replaced the front brakes twice, replaced a battery, and replaced the tires 3 times. This car has required NO OTHER REPAIRS. Change the oil and oil filter every 3,000 miles and enjoy. This is the fourth Nissan I have owned since 1991. It is the best car for the money!

So Far, Pleased
By STison on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I went out searching for a new car and didn't particularly like the prices of the brand new selections out there. So, I decided to check out the reasonably priced used cars and researched the ones that had some reliability to them. The best value that I found for the going price was the Nissan Altima. I found it to have substantial reliability from reviews of past consumers along with decent fuel economy. So far, I have been pleased with my purchase.

Thumbs Up for the Altima
By toniatonga on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

My Altima has been an excellent car. My next car will be a Maxima. I have only had a couple of minor problems with the car and the warranty offered excellent no-hassle coverage. I am in sales and drive a lot. It has been a great car for the road.

Great car
By Juls on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Great car never had a problem with it would buy another one in a couple of years. Highly recomended.....

99 Altima GXE
By zipcode22 on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Purchased car 1 year ago today. 1. Have had no mechanical problems despite unusually rough winter. 2. Maintnance limited to scheduled, minimal cost and time requirements. 3. Strong engine with great pick-up for 4 cylinder. 4. 25mpg on mixed tank, 32 on expressway

Wish I had my car back
By Lucky 1 on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

My car was recently totaled in a collision. I miss it already. It's a great car that protected me from serious injury. I would recommend this car to anyone who drives in heavy traffic--gas mileage, responsiveness, reliability and safety are all excellent. In 76K miles, replaced brake pads once, tires once, battery once. What a great car!!! I only wish now I had my car back. I miss it already.

Great all-around car
By MattRochesterNY on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

I was looking to buy a 2003 Honda Accord/Toyota Camry, when I saw this car at a local dealership, gave it a spin, and ended up buying it. It's in great condition, paint is still beautiful. My gas mileage hasn't been phenominal, I do a lot of highway driving and expected around 33-34 mpg, but rarely break 30-31. Performance is ok. Road/wind noise is good, but not as quiet as the newer Accords/Camrys. Ride is also good, but again not as damped as newer competing vehicles. If the reliability is as good as the Edmunds ratings claim, I'll be very happy with it for the next few years.