1999 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Greatest Car I've owned!
By BB on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This car is reliable, comfortable and and overall joy to drive. I've had the car for 3 years, purchased it used with 39,000 miles and have never encountered a mechanical problem. I would recommend this car to anyone!

great car!
By sooner12 on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

great all around car, i'll probably buy another altima when i am ready to purchase another car.

Problem Free
By jeffh on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new in 1999. Drive 100 miles a day to work and back. Absolutely no problems at all. Cruises nicely at expressway speed (or slightly higher.) Comfortable ride that seems to get better as you add more passengers. At 6-4, I'm definitely at the upper limit of who the cars was designed for. Engine has been great! With 112,000 mi, I've replaced the front brakes once, the tires once, the serpentine belt, and a $.99 hose clamp. Not bad. Interior is the epitome of conservative, which is nice because I haven't gotten sick of looking at it.

Buy used not new
By Quippa Man on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

First Nissan Ive owned out of twenty- three cars.I do not think I will trade this one in, but will keep it. Have not been disapointed, it came equipped as I wanted it for the most part. As a SE Limited it should have had leather and remote trunk unlock should have been put on the remote. Other that this NO complaints.Looked at 3.5 2004, who knows, I might have two.

Best car for the price!
By Kim Wakeen on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

You will no go wrong with this model Nissan Altima. It's very economical and at the same time very comfortable and powerful with 2.4 Liter engine. I very highly recommend this car to anyone.

Price vs. Quality
By investorjoe on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

in terms of performance, Altima SE could be among the best of its class. I am driving a 5-speed manuel model. It doesn't have a good pick up, but it has a fast mid-speed. Once, I drove it at 190 Km/Hr and it seems very stable. Beside, it has a good stereo with excellent speakers. However, the quality is my concern. The leather seats look cheap. I would sugesst Nissan should do more wind turnel before releasing theirf future models...... the car is very noicy on a windy and running on highways. Also, matellic noice comes from the timing chain.

super car
By Don2260 on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

i bought this car two years ago and i have put some long work days in this car. i put on about 30000 a year on this car all i have done to it is change oil and tires I have 81000 miles on it with out any problems.

better than average, great reliablity
By fo on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Not the fanciest or prettiest but a car that gives you 0 problems and is easy to drive.

Hidden/Sleeping Racer
By Scottyb873 on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I agree with the comment about a sleeping racer. This car is the best I have owned yet. No Problems, Fast. I too am up to about 190hp, and that wa with very very few mods. I can easier hit 70 in 3 gear and only tapping on 3000rpms door. killer car. braight shiny red, you never see it coming till its to late.

Nissan Altima - Worth Considering
By MAD59 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Overall I have had a good experience with this car. No major problems. I would recommend this car for someone in the market for a used car.