Used 1999 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Second Car and Used But Great
By Neal

1999 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I am a college student and this is my second car and I love it. I have had it for about a year and I have had no problems with this car. I drive it back and forth to college and home about 2000 mile round trip. All I have to do to the car is get the oil changed and replace the tires and she runs perfectly.

Everything.

Better audio system.

Great performance and efficiency
By Ryan

1999 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

The car has taken a heavy beating, yet remains very reliable. Well-maintained, 31 mpg on the highway is possible, and given its performance (don't read this like it's a sports car), this is excellent. For my money, I can't find any significant drawback to the driving experience.

Reliable Car
By scaito

1999 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

This has been a very reliable car. I have had this car for almost three years and only had to change the oil every three thousand miles. I've never had any problems with it.

Very Dependable
By Dave

1999 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Hands down the best car I have ever owned. I bought the Nissan new and now have over 160,000 miles on it, no major repairs at all, just change the oil and tuned it up twice. Brakes once at 90K, I get the dealer breaks which are much better quality. I gave this car to my son to drive, and I am sure he will get another 100k out of it.

Reliability and Dependability. I wish I could find an American car with this much quality and dependability.

None. The new style Nissan is an excellent improvement.

Best car in my life
By Tom from Tulsa

1999 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Best car I ever owned. Bought it used in 2000 with 23,000 miles on it. Now I have 142,000 on it and it is still going strong. Showing few signs of age. Unsurpassed reliability. Fun. Classy. Peppy, most powerful 4 cylinder I've ever experienced. Have never felt the need for more power, even driving the Colorado mountains. Easily passed most cars if necessary. Front wheel drive made driving in snow a breeze. Even now, Sep 2006, it looks good. Not that out of style really. Rear spoiler helps the looks. Still get compliments on it now. Would that I could find another car to match this one. A hard act to follow. Don't think a better car has ever been built for the money. Can't stop raving.

Reliability. Looks. Power. Snappy 4 cylinder, responds quickly in a pinch. Even now, in Sep 2006. Low maintenance. Change the oil, tires, and brakes. That's about it. Really a dream car to own over the long haul. Good cupholders. Well designed interior. Nissan rocks. No complaints in 6 and 1/2 years

Brakes and tires need replacing a little too often it seems. A little too noisy on the highway. Factory CD player stopped working at about 90K. Minor issues filling the tank. Gas backs up and spills over causing most gas station nozzles to shut off too quickly before tank is actually full. No biggy.