1999 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
My best car ever...
By Richard S on 07/19/07 21:19 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have 112,000 miles on this car I bought new. Front brakes made it safely to 75,000 backs to 100,000 OE clutch made it to 110,000 as well as the battery and alternator. That I blame on my 1000 watt aftermarket stereo. I did have to replace the power window unit at 96000. I'm scared to trade it because of how reliable it has been. It can even do light off roading when needed. It's not a truck so it does require some caution but it handles it well. Wish the new ones were closer to the same! We have an 06 too. It's really nice but not quite the same.

Great performance and efficiency
By Ryan on 04/25/07 19:24 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

The car has taken a heavy beating, yet remains very reliable. Well-maintained, 31 mpg on the highway is possible, and given its performance (don't read this like it's a sports car), this is excellent. For my money, I can't find any significant drawback to the driving experience.

Perfect Used Car
By L7jr on 10/14/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

After alot of research for my next car I decided on the Altima. I have no regrets at all. I purchased the car with 79,000 miles and now have 90,000 miles on it and have only 3 things gone wrong on the car other than brakes and oil changes. The first thing that went were my CV boots and second my throttle linkage snapped which controls the acceleration of the car. Basically, when it snapped my gas pedal did nothing and left me stranded. My mechanic told me in his 25 years of working he had never seen that happen on a car. Lastly, the alternator had to replaced but other than that the car has been perfect and I highly reccommend this car. I added a K&N filter and it makes such a difference.

Excellent car - great quality
By dsinnreich on 11/30/04 02:04 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 Nissan Altima SE brand new in 1998. It is now over 6 years later and I have never had any problems with this car. It is incredibly well engineered and very well built. It zips around quite nimbly around the city and drives very solid on the highway. In the 6 years I have owned it I've replaced the brake pads and tires once each. Oh and a turn signal burned out at one point. When I got married we had to choose 1 car since we live in the city and only own 1 parking space - we sold her Audi A4 and kept the Altima since we knew we would have much fewer problems with Altima. Great job Nissan. This car is so good we're now buying another Nissan.

A good car
By Nathan Alford on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I like my car a lot. It's fast enough, though I won't be winning many races. A very nice looking car on the outside, and average looking on the inside. I drove a 2002 Camry mostly though high school, and the Altima can't campete with it's roomy interior with leather. Of course the Camry has been around much longer, and is more equal to the Maxima. So if you need something bigger and better than a Sentra and you can't/won't get a Maxima, then the Altima is a very good choice.

super car
By Don2260 on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

i bought this car two years ago and i have put some long work days in this car. i put on about 30000 a year on this car all i have done to it is change oil and tires I have 81000 miles on it with out any problems.

Nissan Altima - Worth Considering
By MAD59 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Overall I have had a good experience with this car. No major problems. I would recommend this car for someone in the market for a used car.

Absolutely worry free
By titan on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have not had a single problem with this car and it now has 95,000 miles. No rattles, shakes, overheating, etc. Interior has held up better than any car I have had. For the type of car it is it couldn't be better.