Used 1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

My Altima
By autotech

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

My 10 yr old Nissan Altima is one of the best cars that I have ever owned, and I've had quite a few over the years before I bought this. This car has been really good to me and the repairs have been very minor and only in the last couple of years...things do wear out after all. The body has held up really well too; no signs of rust and it still looks nice. If I were to replace it, that would be because I'm bored and want something new (this is the longest I've ever kept a car. I used to get a new one every 4-6 yrs).

That would be the way it looks. I love the color I chose and I bought the sport package vehicle, so it has just a bit more pep than the regular version. Love my sunroof!

outside noise from back. this has been a complaint with all Nissan vehicles and unless they have improved that over the past few years, I'd have to switch to a Honda or Toyota. But I'd ck their record on that first too, cause if they have the same problem, I'd stick with my Nissan!

Used Altima
By doug

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I was looking for an affordable and reliable car in the $3500 range to serve as my daily commuter. My 2000 Ford F-150 doesn't compare when it comes to fuel consumption. I am happy about my purchase. Fuel consumption, comfort and so far reliability are all great, not to mention the looks. The turning radius is a little wide but that's ok. I had to replace the 2 stock door speakers and the 2 rear deck speakers because they were blown. These are all 6 1/2 cheap 1 way spkrs. They are rated 30w max/15w nom. I replaced them with Pioneer 6 1/2 260w 4-way spkrs (model TS-G671M). Great upgrade. I recommend anyone looking for a good commuter vehicle consider this car. Can't go wrong.

I love the electric antenna. The sunroof has 2 settings. (1-slides all the way back. 2-back part of roof flips up). Fuel economy is great. Seats are comfy. Quiet ride. Gauge cluster is nice. Center console is nice.

Big driver side blind spot. The visors could be a little larger. Power door locks are weird. Only driver has button to lock all doors. On my other vehicles all doors have a power d/l button. Hurry big truck owners and buy one and watch your gas savings grow.

Bngwtr
By bongwater78

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

This is my second nissan altima, a wonderful car at an affordable price, fits all my friends and goes across town and back with the low fuel light on. Nothing like driving a stick...

The clutch and stick

Maybe a six speed and bose factory audio?

Great Car!
By B.Hill

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

My Altima has been a great car - very reliable. Pros: good gas mileage for size, comfortable ride, sporty feel. Cons: trunk design - opening is very small for such a large trunk, both front speakers have blown out even though I don't play loud music. Cost to replace each one at dealer is about $170. I replaced one but am doing without the other for now. Overall, though, I'm very pleased with my car and plan to drive it until it falls apart.

Engine size compared to similar cars, gas economy, comfortable.

Trunk design is bad - looks to have been fixed with new Altima.

Why buy a used Civic for more $???
By Redlinez

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I think Nissan is definitely underrated on quite a few vehicles, this being one of them. I just bought a pearl white 99 SE-L 5 speed. Hondas do not possess the level of solidity that this car has. Wow, the transmission is geared high! I can't fairly rate the gas mileage but for a 2950 lb vehicle, how can 30mpg be bad. Very good midrange power. I'd also love to find a 91-94 low mileage Sentra SE-R, another favorite.

Driving experience, trunk size, handling, brakes. Stupid solid car. Baby Maxima? Didn't have to buy a used Focus!!!

Like Nissan would listen to us. It's already been redesigned. This was a sweet car.