1999 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
My Altima
By autotech on 11/27/09 08:05 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

My 10 yr old Nissan Altima is one of the best cars that I have ever owned, and I've had quite a few over the years before I bought this. This car has been really good to me and the repairs have been very minor and only in the last couple of years...things do wear out after all. The body has held up really well too; no signs of rust and it still looks nice. If I were to replace it, that would be because I'm bored and want something new (this is the longest I've ever kept a car. I used to get a new one every 4-6 yrs).

Used Altima
By doug on 06/21/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I was looking for an affordable and reliable car in the $3500 range to serve as my daily commuter. My 2000 Ford F-150 doesn't compare when it comes to fuel consumption. I am happy about my purchase. Fuel consumption, comfort and so far reliability are all great, not to mention the looks. The turning radius is a little wide but that's ok. I had to replace the 2 stock door speakers and the 2 rear deck speakers because they were blown. These are all 6 1/2 cheap 1 way spkrs. They are rated 30w max/15w nom. I replaced them with Pioneer 6 1/2 260w 4-way spkrs (model TS-G671M). Great upgrade. I recommend anyone looking for a good commuter vehicle consider this car. Can't go wrong.

Bngwtr
By bongwater78 on 12/08/05 19:17 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

This is my second nissan altima, a wonderful car at an affordable price, fits all my friends and goes across town and back with the low fuel light on. Nothing like driving a stick...

Great Car!
By B.Hill on 08/23/05 09:22 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

My Altima has been a great car - very reliable. Pros: good gas mileage for size, comfortable ride, sporty feel. Cons: trunk design - opening is very small for such a large trunk, both front speakers have blown out even though I don't play loud music. Cost to replace each one at dealer is about $170. I replaced one but am doing without the other for now. Overall, though, I'm very pleased with my car and plan to drive it until it falls apart.

Why buy a used Civic for more $???
By Redlinez on 11/27/04 21:58 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I think Nissan is definitely underrated on quite a few vehicles, this being one of them. I just bought a pearl white 99 SE-L 5 speed. Hondas do not possess the level of solidity that this car has. Wow, the transmission is geared high! I can't fairly rate the gas mileage but for a 2950 lb vehicle, how can 30mpg be bad. Very good midrange power. I'd also love to find a 91-94 low mileage Sentra SE-R, another favorite.

Buy used not new
By Quippa Man on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

First Nissan Ive owned out of twenty- three cars.I do not think I will trade this one in, but will keep it. Have not been disapointed, it came equipped as I wanted it for the most part. As a SE Limited it should have had leather and remote trunk unlock should have been put on the remote. Other that this NO complaints.Looked at 3.5 2004, who knows, I might have two.

Price vs. Quality
By investorjoe on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

in terms of performance, Altima SE could be among the best of its class. I am driving a 5-speed manuel model. It doesn't have a good pick up, but it has a fast mid-speed. Once, I drove it at 190 Km/Hr and it seems very stable. Beside, it has a good stereo with excellent speakers. However, the quality is my concern. The leather seats look cheap. I would sugesst Nissan should do more wind turnel before releasing theirf future models...... the car is very noicy on a windy and running on highways. Also, matellic noice comes from the timing chain.

Hidden/Sleeping Racer
By Scottyb873 on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I agree with the comment about a sleeping racer. This car is the best I have owned yet. No Problems, Fast. I too am up to about 190hp, and that wa with very very few mods. I can easier hit 70 in 3 gear and only tapping on 3000rpms door. killer car. braight shiny red, you never see it coming till its to late.

One of the best cars ever made!
By Victor/ChromeKing on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I have to say this is one of the best cars ever made, because i have had no problems what so ever. I fell in love the moment i lay my eye's on this car.This car has everything you could ask for and the engine is great.

nice car
By jimff on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Altima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

This was a nice dependable car. The cost was minimal, and the ride was great. No problems whatsoever.