1998 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: My best car ever!

1998 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Review

My best car ever!
By Daddyniowa on

1998 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 58,000 miles on it and it is a five speed manual transmission. I only opened up the exhaust and installed a Tornado fuelsaver (for whatever thats worth). I burn Mobile one full synthetic oil in it changed at every 8,000 miles. For some time now I use the car 100 miles five days a week to commute my non-driving wife to work. I have done "nothing" to the car basically except put gas in it. Gets anywhere from 31 to 34 mpg on highway, and shifts out of third gear at 103 mph! Uses one half a quart of synthetic oil every 8,000 miles. If you see a white 1998 Nissan Altima in northern Mo. to Southern Iowa screaming down I-35 highway, that would be me!

I'm almost fifty two years old, and have owned a lot of fast mostly import cars, and this would be one of them. Sure it has some road noises and squeaks, but they are hardly noticeable to me over the sound of the tires turning over. I have driven all of my cars hard and this one more than delivers.

Better seals around windows,also to dampen road noise and interior squeeks. But the engine absolutely "rocks" and is bulletproof! I have 143,000 miles on it to date and it drives like a new car and still screams!