Great Used Car Value
By troyx on
1998 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan
I brought this car a little over half a year ago with under 25K mi. to replace a totalled 99 Elantra. The jump in quality blew me away, after the last car, this one feels like a luxury car. The car I got had low mileage and almost no interior or exterior wear to speak of. It feels like a new car, even with it being over 7 years old. Handling it tight and firm, acceleration is smooth and the engine sounds quiet and refined. This car is a used car best buy, IMO. Resale value was lower than Camrys and Accords, but specs and build quality is on the same level. I haven't heard of any recalls for this generation Altima.
Favorite Features
Strong 4 cyl. engine, smooth suspension and acceleration, leather/overall good looking interior, nice alloy wheels, overall rigid construction, keeps up with/faster than many domestic V6 sedans not much slower than new 2.5L Altima, high quality ratings, overall piece-of-mind in mechanical quality
Suggested Improvements
suspension is rather vauge/spongy, wheel gaps more prominent than in comparable Accord/Camry, butt-end of car rather high up, should be lowered 1.5" or so, mediocre crash test scores, not a very quick car (good enough acceleration to keep up on crazy highways though)