1998 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Excellent
By Setshot on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Had this car for nearly six years now. Never once had a problem with it. Would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Unpretentious solid car
By Duke_jw on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Recently purchased this 1998 GXE model. Fully equipped, solid, no nonsense car with an engine that is more than adequate for the weight of the car. Gas mileage appears to be excellent. I was drawn to the Altima because of its inherent value as a used vehicle purchase. Simplicity, yet, high quality for a modest price.

Loved This Car!
By Scarlett_1750 on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 with only 16k, and had nothing but positive experiences with it. One of the best buys out there- dependable, clean/great interior, ran very well, and huge roomy trunk could fit just about anything. In three years, I didn't need to replace a single thing, only needed oil change and tuneup. I was heartbroken when car was totaled in accident at 60k; I would have driven it forever!

Building equity to get rid of it!
By Marc C. on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

This car has done what it was designed to do which is to get from point A to point B. Never had a break down or anything other than routine maintenance. The interior road noise and 70mph "shimmy" are unbearable on long trips. New tires, 4-wheel alignments, and computer balancing haven't helped one bit. And let's not forget the shaky hood. I get nervous driving at highway speeds because the hood shakes up and down like it's about to fly off. This car has never been in a collision, but it's parts fit together like it has. I'm waiting to get the loan paid down enough to trade in on a Monte Carlo or Impala. I'll never buy an import again.

Altima SE
By lito on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

Performance is outstanding. I have never driven a used car like this before.

Loved this car
By Katie R. on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I just sold my '98 Altima to get a new car and wanted to review it. I LOVED this car, it was my third car, I bought it used with 55,000 miles on it and it drove like new EVERY day. Never had a problem with it. It was well cared for before I bought it and I cared for it until I sold it at 72,500 miles.

4 Dr. GXE Sedan
By ts on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Great car for the money, must be one of the best buys out there. When shopping, I compared it with similar priced competitors Ford Contour/Mercury Mistique. No comparison!!! That convinced me. Why pay so much for a Honda or Toyota. I've had no trouble in two years. It's peppy and economical to drive. Friends who ride in it often comment on what a nice car it is.

Nissan 98 Driver
By Ikondrar on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car for 3 years now. Fuel economy isn't that great b/c the car sometimes seems to be like drinking fuel as we drink water, but otherwise it's affordable and good value. I have pleasure driving it, from day 1 to day 7 and I love it dearly. It's a nice car to own. No , it's not Acura but for the value I got a GLE luxury car as a first car I owned. It is my dream come true to have such an awesome car. I have 70000 miles on it right now and it's 1998 model, not sure for how many more miles it'll last me until my first major problem, but I cross my fingers. Noone talks good about high mileage Nissan Altima... so don't know who to listen to.

I love this car!
By Z03231999 on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I have bought the Altima used with about 13,000 miles. In the four years I have owned it, it has not failed me once. Short of normal maintenance, I have never had trouble. I drove it cross country from Florida to Washington State and back and not a single glitch. The exterior is kind of boring but I would not change it for anything. I am going to keep it until it falls apart. It probably won't.

the best japanese car!
By JOLANTA on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

hi, i just bought my car 2 weeks ago, and i love it! it has all the options like sun roof, bose sound system, leather interior, and spoiler, and alarm. This is the best japanese car you can buy out there without having to spend thousands on toyota or honda.