Used 1997 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

A jewel
By Phil

1997 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

I'm very impressed with this one. It has proved loyal and dependable. I get offered to sell monthly. I'm happy and will continue to hold on to it.

Wish i had anonter one!!!!
By Nathan Oss

1997 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

My 1997 just turned 260K miles with same tranny and engine. Best car I ever owned. Bought in 2003 and here we are in 2016.

Terrible car
By xie004

1997 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car at 60k. Repaired this car every year since then for average more than $1k a year. Replaced a lot of parts. Made a big mistake trying to keep this car. At only 131k milage, engine died. Terrible car. Avoid Nissan at any cost.

Reliable & Fun But Unsafe!
By webter

1997 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

The integrity of the motor and many of the other parts are top notch. If you are looking for a base vehicle to fix to street race, this would be a great one. With that said, I was in an accident with this vehicle. The car was totaled and I had a head injury, which has left me with some brain damage. There isn't ABS on this vehicle and the air bag didn't deploy. There were fairly new Bridgestones on the car, so I can't blame it on the tires. Luckily the seat belt locked or else I wouldn't be writing this review!

The A/C is the best I have ever seen.

Safety, Safety, Safety!

Very Satisfied owner
By Very satisfied owner

1997 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Nissan Altima 97 with little over 8000 miles. It currently has 286,437 miles on it. The car has treated me very well even though I didn't take care care of it. It still runs just as good as it did when I bought it. i haven't had to do very much work on it thus far. Just minor repairs and regular tune ups. I have driven it literally all over the country due to being in the army.

I enjoy the handling and the interior design of this car. The replacement parts for the car is relatively inexpensive and easy to find at the stores anywhere in the states.

The improvements have been noticed with the newer models of the Nissan line. since my first purchase of the 97 Altima I have bought 3 other Nissan cars and still have them. thank you for your improvements.