Used 1997 Nissan Altima GLE (1997.5) Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

1997 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Reliable--just keeps on going
By Patricia

1997 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

I have had few problems. The air bag light had to be repaired;luckily, it was still under warranty. Also, there was a gasket something-or-other which was repaired also under warranty. Otherwise, it has been super--extremely reliable. The manual is great, too. The yummy grey velvet upholstery is still in excellent condition as are the dashboard and all the compartments. Still running great at 65,000 miles!

Favorite Features

I like the suspension and the solid ride.

Suggested Improvements

Not enough room in the compartments (at least for a woman!). Also, it needs more power for the big hills, but I owned a Maxima before so am comparing it to that.

I love my car made for me
By Nmims

1997 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

I asked to have the car made for me so it is a limited special edition. I get wonderful mileage, have an oil change every 3 months and have recently driven it back and forth to NC twice a month. I average 3/4 tank of gas for 200 miles. Other than new tires, I have had no major problems. This is my 3rd Nissan and I will hate to part with it.

Favorite Features

Until last year, it was kept in a garage and finish holds up. I had white leather seats which are easy to clean. I love the power features, and the driver's seat that can be changed to fit my back for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

I wanted climate control and that was omitted when the car was built for me. The CD works well; however, The buttons are confusing with the Cassette and radio player.