Great Honda/Toyota Alternative
By neogenesisfool on
1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan
I picked up a 95 altima because it was much cheaper than a used accord and i was impressed by my friends. I've been driving for a year now and my car hasn't given me any major problems. For the first few months i drove it fast and hard and it faired perfectly. It handles well, has a comfortable interior and can seat five people in a pinch. The only repairs done to the car were new brakes (my fault) and new axles (salted roads). The cars themselves hold well on their own but i would suggest anyone looking to buy one used have the electrical system checked out. Tailights have a habit of fading or turning off when your brake lights turn on because of bad wiring.
Favorite Features
Cruise control located on the shifter is a nice touch. As is the insane amount of power from the 2.4 litre 4. 150 doesn't seem like a lot but the car is fairly light. The wood trim peice across the dash is a great upscale touch.
Suggested Improvements
Standard four wheel disc with abs. I have slid into the same intersection four times because my wheels locked up. More supportive seats. The biggest improvement i believe they could make would be a 60/40 folding rear seatback instead of the rear armrest acting at the pass through.