1995 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Great Value
By on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

No major problems. Fun to drive. Good gas mileage.

Great Car for the Money
By nissancar95 on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Owned car for 8 years with 115000 miles on the odo. Interior in in perfect condition and exterior is also in good condition except the paint has started to chip off the front bumper facia. Engine runs perfectly. Only replaced brake pads, shoes, battery, starter, alternator and a couple of sensors. Cruise Control quit at 100k, no problem since car does not do trip duties anymore. AC is almost too cold. Actually had passengers feel burned by how cold the AC blows.

Looks can be diciveing
By 95altma on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Im not really sure what happand with my Altima, because its been horrible since Day 1!And I find this very odd because I have 3 Other relatives who have ALtimas and theres have been trouble free, thats the whole reason I purchased mine, thinking mine would be as reliable as theres. Ive spent Thousands of dollars to keep this car running. I have to admit this car does have a beautiful exterior, and I still love the way it looks, its just the Reliablity Sucks!! I have to admit though, even with the problems ive had with it, it runs better than alota cars out there, like for example my aunts 2002 Kia Rio. :-)

Altima is the Ultimate!!!
By tryan30 on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

Great car with a 5-speed; Fun to drive, Extremely Reliable, and it gets Great Gas Mileage! I got the car new in '95 when I was in college. I had a deposit down on an Accord, but when I saw the Altima on the show room floor I was sold! Now at 115k mi, the only problems I have ever had are a failed alternater (60k mi) and 3 failed O2 sensors. I just put the 2nd set of new tires on, WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I had a vibration in the front end at high speed that I thought was a bad wheel bearing, but the brand new perfectly balanced tires have solved the problem.

I named mine too!!
By CinnamonRed1 on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I LOVE my Altima. It was a one year program car that has been an extremely reliable, very comfortable little car. I love her so much I nicknamed her "Luckey". She just turned over and the only two repairs we've had were a relay on the wiring harness, and the altenator--all of which you can do yourself on this well designed vehicle. (we bought a used harness at a salvage yard for pennies on the dealership). If you put 15 inch Eagle GA's she rides like a luxury car!! I can't wait for my next one!!!!!

Love my GLE
By MartyC on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It has been good to me since day 1. No major problems. Just the routine maintenance. Got it with 46000 miles. Now pushing 123000 miles. I've done 110+ mph in this baby! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable car. Just make sure you do your scheduled maintenance.

altima from hell
By koij on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

boutght the car in 1997 i've spent thousands of dollars doing repair after repair after repair

GXE - An AWFUL care w/ auto tranny
By dumbo on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

This car is just plain awful with an automatic tranny. (SLOW!) I am constantly overriding the auto. because it refuses to shift down unless the car is absolutely floored! The gas mileage is also very poor - 22 mpg for a 4-banger?! The back seat is small (though it may not look like it, it really is), 3 adults fit like sardines. Not to mention that the check engine light has come on ever since we bought this car. We've had it repaired 3 times and finally have accepted that it is going to stay on, like it or not. I have a VERY hard time looking at Nissan again after this pathetic excuse for a car. My Civic is a MUCH better car (and 1 year older).

Great car!
By Atima lover on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 1994 and now have 191k miles on it. It still gets over 30mpg, and the only problems I have had are the typical replaceable wearouts you get with any car. It is extremely fun to drive (it ranks right up there with a 1973 VW Super Beetle!), comfortable, reliable, and inexpensive to keep up.

One Sweet Ride
By PoorWalt on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I love my Altima GXE, its extremely fuel efficient with a smooth ride. The 5-speed shift is also very smooth.