Used 1995 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

reliable used car
By roger

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

very reliable. Two repairs (less than $400) in 10 years of high usage.

Favorite Features

fun car to drive. Good handling and comfy ride.

Suggested Improvements

more power may be bigger engine will help.

too much car for what a pay for.
By manuel sanchez

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

i am super happy with my car because i pay 3400 in 2003 in california. I have travel a lot of miles and i am really happy because i trust it and i haven't spend much money i mean it is really cheap. i am really happy. I can not explain it with words. i haven't broken down. i have spend money only on service, tires and gas, in two years and i have travel to san antonio, amarillo, el paso, alburquerque new mexico ,las vegas etc.

Favorite Features

powerfull engine for a 4 cillinder and a also economic.

Suggested Improvements

sunroof it doesnt have sunroof and leather seats.

1995 Nissan Altima
By AbigailJean

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I do like my car! I find it comfortable and generally a reliable car. There was an oil leak (O-Ring) which required removing the engine, I had a problem with it stalling which turned out to be the ignition module and distributor rotor, CV Boots/Axle's needed replaced at about 110,000 miles, the alternator and radiator both needed replacing at about 130000 miles and most recently the timing chain started rattling around and the motor mounts broke. I think I'm actually going to get the timing chain replaced and fix the motor mounts too. Repairs cost about what the car is worth but like I said I like the car and I do feel like it will run a good bit longer with these repairs.

Favorite Features

Size is good for a short person

Suggested Improvements

Car tends to be sluggish with 4 adults in it!

Love my car!
By Afrodisiac1985

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because of the Nissan name plate and I was not disappointed at all. It starts without hesitation everyday, even in cold weather. It now has 148000 miles on the odometer and the performance is still great for a automobile this old. Loved it so much that I bought a 2003 Altima. Gas mileage is a little low, only 245 miles per tank. The only problems that I've had have been sqeaky brakes that never seem to be quiet with any repair,a check engine light that pops on when nothing is wrong with the car, and recently a very bad oil leak that I have gotten repaired twice($500 each repair!)that seems to come back every couple of months.But I would still recommend this car to anyone!

Favorite Features

Engine performs consistently, sunroof, and the reliability that comes with the Nissan nameplate.

Suggested Improvements

Everything has definately been addressed in the 03 Altima.

extremely reliable
By snbnadeau

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

my wife bought this car when it was two years old with 45K miles on it, and it's been our family car and now it's my commuter car. It now has almost 120K and still runs great. The engine is one of the best mixes of power, fuel economy and reliability. No major unexpected repairs, only had to Jerry-Rig the power antenna to be permanently in the up position (plastic gears in the antenna motor started to wear and chatter, extremely loud, over $300 for a new motor). Don't go cheap with replacement tires on this car, good tires improve ride comfort substantially.

Favorite Features

Great performance/mpg balance, reliability, styling doesn't look 10 years old, good speakers (I put in cd player, HUGE sound improvement).

Suggested Improvements

Larger cup holders, some transmission lag on take-off from rolling stops, Headlights could be a little brighter on low beam.