1995 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Decent vehicle
By Dvragan on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 125K after I wrecked my 96 GXE. No rust, nice interior execept for broken visor and terrible glove compartment. Excellent power, but gas economy suffers. Engine light came on butcleaned the EGR valve and that took care of that. I don't feel this car model handles well at all on wet or snowy roads, but overall it's a very good value. No leaks or rattles. No problems whatsoever.

My 95 GXE
By RADIOGUY on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 91,000 miles on it. My aunt had a 93 alty and said it was one of the best cars she owned. Ive only had to replace an O2 sensor underneath the vehicle which was about $200. I also took care of the airbag recall, the minute i saw it on ABC world news. Everything else I've spend have been modifications. I added the SE alloy rims on it (didnt like the dorky hub caps) and i also put on the stock spoiler. It looks really good and it adds a more sportier look to it. The cars got 96,000 miles on it and its running great. Only thing wrong is the front bumper is chipping paint around the turn signals. Its been a great first car for me.

Vic's 95 SE
By VicYess on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

After driving American sedans for most of my life, I bought something that was fun to drive. I really wanted a Camary SE, but it would have been $4,500 more--not woth the difference

95 Altima
By PRATT on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Purchased car new. It is now 8 years old and has 150K. Still looks great w/the exception of paint wear on the sides. Have had to put a new starter, alternator and break pads. Otherwise routine maintenance. A/C is cold and like new. Have gone thru several visors and hubcaps. Prone to falling off.

It's been good to me!
By Troy V on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought with 2 miles, now has 127,000. No major mechanical problems with it. Only had to unwillingly replace the starter and a set of spark plug cables. Original brakes lasted 75k miles, battery for 95k. The A/C went out a 3 years ago. Struts now need replaced. The car still runs strong! Still quick, & economical, get around 29-31 mpg. No engine leaks, and it easily passes smog testing. Not a rattle in it to this day. With interest rates so low now, time has come to give it up. Believe me, I'm going to miss it. Sure it'll make a good car for somebody.

Good used car
By Old_user on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Brought this car in 1995 with approx 57000 miles. The only problem that I can think of is the "check engine" light coming on at 90000 miles. The mechanic had to replace the entire solenoid-valve-sensor system. Cost me approx $325. Other than that I have found this care to give me only 25 MPG, whether it is highway or off highway. Otherwise has been a very reliable conservative car to use. The facotry stereo system without the CD leaves a lot to be desired. Also, I had to replace the alternator at around 100000 miles.

Higly Reliable, low maintenance
By fmcool on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Highly reliable car, low maintenance even after 8 yrs, great performance, good looks

Decent blend
By kerplunk on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This car is a decent blend of economy, performace and luxury. I bought mine used and abused. The dealer was nice enough to clean it up, but I found all of the little flaws since. The seats need more lower back support. The engine leaks (this engine is notorious) oil and water (soon to be fixed). A couple of minor electrical glitches. I think it will need new injectors at about 100,000 miles. 4th speed only works with OD off. The transmission is a tiny bit fast to upshift with OD on. There was a story on one of those "news" shows about the passenger airbag injuring people. There was a recall on the automatic gear selector lever.

Best bang for buck, but still lacking...
By chang10is on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my GXE Altima from another owner 3 years ago. For its cost, the Altima is a clear winner for value. It is reliable (no problems at all yet), has a very nice engine, and gives the driver a good feel of the road. Most of the controls have a fairly nice feel, as build quality is good overall. Despite the a rattle in my car and some of the plastic nobs on the factory stereo falling off, the Altima definitely has the American cars in this class beat in build quality and reliability. However, it still trails behind the compact and midsize sedans of Honda and Toyota on in this area.

My first real car
By mocha70 on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I have had minimal repair, except for regular wear and tear like brakes and shocks and struts (living in NY that will happen) and a new battery. The car has been very reliable and has low mileage for an 8-year old car.