Used 1995 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

1995 Nissan Altima GXE
By Eddy

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Nissan Altima in 1997 and it had 26k miles on it. The engine has never had any major repairs done to it and i just went over 190k. I love this car and will have a hard time getting another car. I have had some work done over the years like the distributor, water pump, oil seal on under side of engine, struts, brakes, joints, drive axles etc. I use penzoil oil in the engine and always change it every three thousand miles. It has never been wrecked and I have driven from New York to Texas and made stops in Arkansas and Tennessee. I have taken it up and down the east coast and have been well pleased with it over the years. Thank you Nissan you have built one tough car!!Eddy

I love the cruise control

Nothing

Good while it lasted.
By Raq217

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 130,000 miles on it. In the year and a half since I've owned it I have put as much in repairs into it than I paid for the thing. An alternator, a starter, all new brakes, new exhaust pipe and muffler, and it still isn't running right. Even with regular maintenance this car is a lemon. Occasionally it just doesn't start, with no explanation. Also, the ABS light lit up and the car wouldn't start for days. I bought the car with the impression that Nissans were reliable.

Great on gas, decent outer appearance.

Workhorse should be this Nissan's name!
By Dave

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I have had this Nissan for over six years. It has been a reliable car for me. The engine has held up very well which makes it possible to replace the parts that have worn out with age. I have had Nissans since 1980. They seem to have a problem with their AC. On my cars, the AC has stopped working on three out of five Nissans. With cruise control and power windows, this car has been a great second car for my family! A real workhorse! I drive it to work everyday. It has kept the miles off my newer model cars.

Cruise control/power equipment; it has the feel of a luxury car. Still reliable after all these years. Good car to have the kids learn to drive a stick shift. Clutch is just touchy enough.

AC doesn't work. Check Engine Light never seems able to be fixed. Hard to change the headlamp on the driver's side.

Had it since it was new
By the74impala

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Just got done replacing the auto trans tonight. About 250K total. Replaced the engine at ~140K. There was a noise coming from the timing chain area, and it was going to cost the same to replace with a used motor, or replace the chain. Also have gone through 5 distributors, 6 O2 sensors, and can't solve the leak in the P/S system. I find the front seats to be pretty much unbearable on long trips. Even with all this trouble, at least I don't have car payments. I would not buy another one, thats for sure.

My wife is happy to have it to drive.

THIS IS A VERY GOOD CAR!
By KIMBERLY

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Hello, I bought this car about a year and a half ago. When I bought it, it had 165k on it. It now has 190k and it's still running. I've replaced a few things on it. I replaced the radiator, alternator, and a battery. Spark plugs and all the basic little things on it. When the radiator and alternator were replaced I found out that they were actually the original parts. These cars are very excellent and they are very reliable. I would recommend purchasing one. You will be satisfied. It is also a very fast car. It speeds up quickly. I've gotten it to go the maximum of 120.

The engine is excellent. A 2.4 liter DOHC. This is really just a great car overall.