Used 1995 Nissan Altima SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Vic's 95 SE
By VicYess

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

After driving American sedans for most of my life, I bought something that was fun to drive. I really wanted a Camary SE, but it would have been $4,500 more--not woth the difference

Favorite Features

Heavy duty suspension Color (Blue-Emerald) Chrome Mags

Suggested Improvements

Set up cup holders, radio controls, and ash tray in such a way that they don't crowd each other out. Seats should be firmer and more supportive.

Altima is the Ultimate!!!
By tryan30

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Great car with a 5-speed; Fun to drive, Extremely Reliable, and it gets Great Gas Mileage! I got the car new in '95 when I was in college. I had a deposit down on an Accord, but when I saw the Altima on the show room floor I was sold! Now at 115k mi, the only problems I have ever had are a failed alternater (60k mi) and 3 failed O2 sensors. I just put the 2nd set of new tires on, WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I had a vibration in the front end at high speed that I thought was a bad wheel bearing, but the brand new perfectly balanced tires have solved the problem.

Favorite Features

Reliability, Superior Build Quality, Gas Mileage, 5-speed, and Trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Some type of lumbar support on seats. Oxygen sensors that don't bust after 30,000 miles.

A great, reliable car
By JMT

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in late 1997 and have since put @ 70k miles on it. Extremely reliable, only repairs have been standard brakes, replace wheels etc. Although comfortable with power windows, the car is relatively low on frills. It drives well enough, but the automatic is extremely sluggish. My biggest gripes are lack of acceleration and not great handling, but that's not what you buy it for. For a comfortable, reliable decent looking car, it is perfect. The AC has even held up without any maintenance.

Favorite Features

Comfort, reliability, looks (black paint has held up very well for 7 years).

Suggested Improvements

Extremely sluggish engine, doesn't corner or handle very well.

Tim's Car
By Tim Burris

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car has been an excellent car. The only gripe I have about it is knee room on the drivers side.

Favorite Features

Having a 5-speed makes this car very fun to drive. The most favorite feature I like is eventhough this car is 7yrs old I still get compliments all the time.

Suggested Improvements

More knee room.

Best money spent on a car.
By RGAZ

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Great car. Great mileage for its size. I get consistantly 30mpg in mixed driving with the 5 speed. Very spirited driver. A small upgrade in tires made the handling supurb. The sport seats are a great option. very reliable. I have 90K miles and only normal maintenance. Replacement parts cost is lower than domestics, Honda, and Toyota.

Favorite Features

Sport Bucket Seats only available on the SE model.

Suggested Improvements

Larger pass-thru and more comfortable back seats.