Used 1995 Nissan Altima GLE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Reliable Altima
By desertalt

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought at 75,000mi. Had some expensive repairs but overall been happy with the ride and reliability. My suggestion for anyone owning this car is to keep up regular maintenance from the dealership. The dealership is more expensive, but they know what they are doing and won't charge for services you don't need. This car had an oil leak that was expensive and require the engine to be removed. The alternator, distributor and radiator belts and hoses were replaced. Power steering rack and pinion, hoses, CV boots engine mounts replaced. I probably wouldn't have taken this route again as the repairs added up to what new car payments would be, but I have a decent car now and enjoy it.

Favorite Features

Styling, reliability, interior trim.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage should be better for a 4cyl., but this was built in '95, hubcaps tend to fall off, some of the electrical equipment is failing (i.e., horn, cruise control).

free car
By 4g63attack

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Who can say no to a free car? When I got this car it seriously needed some TLC. The previous owners didn't take care of it. So I when ahead and did all the maintenance on it, but it still some parts to be replace like axle, suspension bushing, tires. Other then that the car runs pretty good.

Favorite Features

Favorite Features would be its reliability. It still on its original starter, alternator, radiator, water hose etc.. for being a 1995 and 173,000 miles on the clock. That's pretty darn good.

Suggested Improvements

What to improve? I don't know since this car is the first model that Nissan roll out with. I would have to say the oil filter should be in a better location then by the firewall, axle, tires. it should be where it is easy to get to

Loving my Bluebird
By Joe N.Z.

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I live in New Zealand and own the equivalent version of the Altima except with the 2 litre engine. It is a very comfortable car with some of the best seats in the car industry. The interior is well designed and after 9 years still looks modern. Its also very reliable, no major problems except a leak in the boot which was fixed in due course. Now up to 75000mls since new and still going. Don't know about the 2.4 version but the 2.0 litre version lacks gusts and is lethargic.

Favorite Features

Spacious boot, wicked sound system and comfortable seats. Good legroom in the back and woodgrain looks stylish. Leather is soft and attractive

Suggested Improvements

Please more horsepower and torque! Wheels that could fill the whell arches would be good as well.

Love my GLE
By MartyC

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It has been good to me since day 1. No major problems. Just the routine maintenance. Got it with 46000 miles. Now pushing 123000 miles. I've done 110+ mph in this baby! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable car. Just make sure you do your scheduled maintenance.

Favorite Features

Style, design, and sound system.

Suggested Improvements

They've finally done it! The 6 cylinder engine.

Go For the Altima GLE
By All4Altima

1995 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Love my Altima GLE that I had for over 7 years. It was very reliable, and I highly recommend it to anyone. It had great acceleration and pick-up when I needed it. Had power-everything, and was loaded with extra options. Most people thought it was a 2000 model because the exterior still shines. Built great for top value.

Favorite Features

Loved the lumbar support that helped ease my back pain. Also liked the CD player with 6 speakers. Good horsepower and fuel economy system. No premium gas needed.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements are already in the new 2002 Altima. Just kick back and the Altima! All4Altima