1995 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Vic's 95 SE
By VicYess on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

After driving American sedans for most of my life, I bought something that was fun to drive. I really wanted a Camary SE, but it would have been $4,500 more--not woth the difference

Altima is the Ultimate!!!
By tryan30 on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

Great car with a 5-speed; Fun to drive, Extremely Reliable, and it gets Great Gas Mileage! I got the car new in '95 when I was in college. I had a deposit down on an Accord, but when I saw the Altima on the show room floor I was sold! Now at 115k mi, the only problems I have ever had are a failed alternater (60k mi) and 3 failed O2 sensors. I just put the 2nd set of new tires on, WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I had a vibration in the front end at high speed that I thought was a bad wheel bearing, but the brand new perfectly balanced tires have solved the problem.

A great, reliable car
By JMT on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in late 1997 and have since put @ 70k miles on it. Extremely reliable, only repairs have been standard brakes, replace wheels etc. Although comfortable with power windows, the car is relatively low on frills. It drives well enough, but the automatic is extremely sluggish. My biggest gripes are lack of acceleration and not great handling, but that's not what you buy it for. For a comfortable, reliable decent looking car, it is perfect. The AC has even held up without any maintenance.

Tim's Car
By Tim Burris on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

This car has been an excellent car. The only gripe I have about it is knee room on the drivers side.

Best money spent on a car.
By RGAZ on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

Great car. Great mileage for its size. I get consistantly 30mpg in mixed driving with the 5 speed. Very spirited driver. A small upgrade in tires made the handling supurb. The sport seats are a great option. very reliable. I have 90K miles and only normal maintenance. Replacement parts cost is lower than domestics, Honda, and Toyota.