1995 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Reliable Altima
By desertalt on 03/28/11 00:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought at 75,000mi. Had some expensive repairs but overall been happy with the ride and reliability. My suggestion for anyone owning this car is to keep up regular maintenance from the dealership. The dealership is more expensive, but they know what they are doing and won't charge for services you don't need. This car had an oil leak that was expensive and require the engine to be removed. The alternator, distributor and radiator belts and hoses were replaced. Power steering rack and pinion, hoses, CV boots engine mounts replaced. I probably wouldn't have taken this route again as the repairs added up to what new car payments would be, but I have a decent car now and enjoy it.

free car
By 4g63attack on 12/29/10 20:00 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Who can say no to a free car? When I got this car it seriously needed some TLC. The previous owners didn't take care of it. So I when ahead and did all the maintenance on it, but it still some parts to be replace like axle, suspension bushing, tires. Other then that the car runs pretty good.

ehhh
By johnny on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car for 200 dollars. I had to put in a new radiator and starter, before it would drive. After that I drove it out to California, which was a 2000 mile drive. The alternator went out on the trip there.I had it for about 6 months after that and it had no problems and I was happy with it. Then the problems started. I had to replace the half-shafts. The check engine light came on with no explanation for it ever being found. The air bag light would flicker on and off. The power steering leaked, as did the oil. Then the alternator went bad again. Then the transmission started slipping. Then the exhaust rusted out. Everything was replaced until the engine itself went bad.I gave up.

Amazing car
By JamesDB on 06/28/10 19:32 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $2,000 about 4 or 5 years ago at about 80K miles on it. For the first 3 years I drove it like a sports car. I have hit the max speed and stayed going that fast for most drives to work for like the first 2 years of owning it. It never gave me any reason to doubt it. I would hit corners real fast and always pushed it to its limits. That was when I was younger I have since then driven much more respectfully. But I went complete repair free for about 3 1/2 years. Only problems to this date was a stalling issue, which turned out to be my distributor. Also replaced water pump. But that was it. I still drive it to this very day with 150K miles on it. It's a beast machine.

The most reliable car i've ever owned
By Mike on 07/16/09 17:29 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought my car used in 2001. I've now had it for 8 years. This has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. Has 133k miles now and still gets 30+ mpg hwy. No Major repairs have been needed, only routine maintenance. I've seen identical cars with well over 200k miles on them and still run fine. Would definitely recommend an altima to anyone who wants a reliable, economical car that is easy and inexpensive to maintain.

1995 Nissan Altima GXE
By Eddy on 03/19/09 15:14 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Nissan Altima in 1997 and it had 26k miles on it. The engine has never had any major repairs done to it and i just went over 190k. I love this car and will have a hard time getting another car. I have had some work done over the years like the distributor, water pump, oil seal on under side of engine, struts, brakes, joints, drive axles etc. I use penzoil oil in the engine and always change it every three thousand miles. It has never been wrecked and I have driven from New York to Texas and made stops in Arkansas and Tennessee. I have taken it up and down the east coast and have been well pleased with it over the years. Thank you Nissan you have built one tough car!!Eddy

Good while it lasted.
By Raq217 on 02/22/09 19:13 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 130,000 miles on it. In the year and a half since I've owned it I have put as much in repairs into it than I paid for the thing. An alternator, a starter, all new brakes, new exhaust pipe and muffler, and it still isn't running right. Even with regular maintenance this car is a lemon. Occasionally it just doesn't start, with no explanation. Also, the ABS light lit up and the car wouldn't start for days. I bought the car with the impression that Nissans were reliable.

Workhorse should be this Nissan's name!
By Dave on 11/21/08 22:57 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I have had this Nissan for over six years. It has been a reliable car for me. The engine has held up very well which makes it possible to replace the parts that have worn out with age. I have had Nissans since 1980. They seem to have a problem with their AC. On my cars, the AC has stopped working on three out of five Nissans. With cruise control and power windows, this car has been a great second car for my family! A real workhorse! I drive it to work everyday. It has kept the miles off my newer model cars.

Had it since it was new
By the74impala on 06/28/08 19:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Just got done replacing the auto trans tonight. About 250K total. Replaced the engine at ~140K. There was a noise coming from the timing chain area, and it was going to cost the same to replace with a used motor, or replace the chain. Also have gone through 5 distributors, 6 O2 sensors, and can't solve the leak in the P/S system. I find the front seats to be pretty much unbearable on long trips. Even with all this trouble, at least I don't have car payments. I would not buy another one, thats for sure.

THIS IS A VERY GOOD CAR!
By KIMBERLY on 05/22/08 06:18 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Hello, I bought this car about a year and a half ago. When I bought it, it had 165k on it. It now has 190k and it's still running. I've replaced a few things on it. I replaced the radiator, alternator, and a battery. Spark plugs and all the basic little things on it. When the radiator and alternator were replaced I found out that they were actually the original parts. These cars are very excellent and they are very reliable. I would recommend purchasing one. You will be satisfied. It is also a very fast car. It speeds up quickly. I've gotten it to go the maximum of 120.