Used 1995 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Reliable Altima
By desertalt

1995 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought at 75,000mi. Had some expensive repairs but overall been happy with the ride and reliability. My suggestion for anyone owning this car is to keep up regular maintenance from the dealership. The dealership is more expensive, but they know what they are doing and won't charge for services you don't need. This car had an oil leak that was expensive and require the engine to be removed. The alternator, distributor and radiator belts and hoses were replaced. Power steering rack and pinion, hoses, CV boots engine mounts replaced. I probably wouldn't have taken this route again as the repairs added up to what new car payments would be, but I have a decent car now and enjoy it.

Styling, reliability, interior trim.

Gas mileage should be better for a 4cyl., but this was built in '95, hubcaps tend to fall off, some of the electrical equipment is failing (i.e., horn, cruise control).

free car
By 4g63attack

1995 Nissan Altima GLE 4dr Sedan

Who can say no to a free car? When I got this car it seriously needed some TLC. The previous owners didn't take care of it. So I when ahead and did all the maintenance on it, but it still some parts to be replace like axle, suspension bushing, tires. Other then that the car runs pretty good.

Favorite Features would be its reliability. It still on its original starter, alternator, radiator, water hose etc.. for being a 1995 and 173,000 miles on the clock. That's pretty darn good.

What to improve? I don't know since this car is the first model that Nissan roll out with. I would have to say the oil filter should be in a better location then by the firewall, axle, tires. it should be where it is easy to get to

ehhh
By johnny

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car for 200 dollars. I had to put in a new radiator and starter, before it would drive. After that I drove it out to California, which was a 2000 mile drive. The alternator went out on the trip there.I had it for about 6 months after that and it had no problems and I was happy with it. Then the problems started. I had to replace the half-shafts. The check engine light came on with no explanation for it ever being found. The air bag light would flicker on and off. The power steering leaked, as did the oil. Then the alternator went bad again. Then the transmission started slipping. Then the exhaust rusted out. Everything was replaced until the engine itself went bad.I gave up.

I always liked the looks of these cars when I was growing up.

I put almost 60,000 miles on the car, and I did not baby it. It survived well and gave me a lot of good memories.

Amazing car
By JamesDB

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $2,000 about 4 or 5 years ago at about 80K miles on it. For the first 3 years I drove it like a sports car. I have hit the max speed and stayed going that fast for most drives to work for like the first 2 years of owning it. It never gave me any reason to doubt it. I would hit corners real fast and always pushed it to its limits. That was when I was younger I have since then driven much more respectfully. But I went complete repair free for about 3 1/2 years. Only problems to this date was a stalling issue, which turned out to be my distributor. Also replaced water pump. But that was it. I still drive it to this very day with 150K miles on it. It's a beast machine.

The strong engine is baffling, the car does turns very well. Love the sunroof and the fact that the car has very good braking. This car is meant to have a nice pair of tires on it. Do not get cheap tires! My first set seemed to give me issues in the rain.

The sound system is pathetic, the cup holders are much too small as is the glove box, also 2nd gear seems to be a little ruff but not to much of a problem. Overall I would recommend this car to anyone. It's just about perfect.

The most reliable car i've ever owned
By Mike

1995 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought my car used in 2001. I've now had it for 8 years. This has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. Has 133k miles now and still gets 30+ mpg hwy. No Major repairs have been needed, only routine maintenance. I've seen identical cars with well over 200k miles on them and still run fine. Would definitely recommend an altima to anyone who wants a reliable, economical car that is easy and inexpensive to maintain.

Power windows, locks, mirrors. Cruise control. Overdrive. AC.