1994 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: GREAT FIRST CAR

1994 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

GXE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

GREAT FIRST CAR
By Aaron Erdmann on

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car for $1500 with 170,000 miles a year ago. I put 20,000 on it, still runs great. At almost 200,000 miles I still trust it on 300mile+ trips. Its so dependable. I pimped my Nissan Altima with chrome wheels (not over the top, similar to ones offered on late model factory Altimas), and a PolkMOMO sound system. I tore out the rear deck and put new cloth on it so I could display the PolkMOMO speakers, looks AWESOME. I have PolkMOMO decals on windshield and rear window. The interior is AMAZING for 94 model. Good looking dash. The seats suck- After driving more than a few hours on long trips my back hurts. All the upholstry cleans really easily.

The car is your run of the mill car as far as features go. What strikes me are the looks. For a 94 model, the interior is really nice. I like the fake wood grain. Fake wood is where its at. Easy handling. People mistake the car for a 2000 model. Paint is oxidized but Zymol fixes that.

The only problem is the starter. If your starter goes, buy a NEW one at a Nissan Dealer!!! I can't stress that enough. I had to replace the starter 3 times because I kept buying salvage starters. Save for a new one and push start it (if you have the manual model).