Used 1994 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

1994 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Fun to drive but engine stall problem
By JustSoldIt

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Almost had serious accident caused by my 94 Altima engine distributor problem in Nov. 2002. The 94 Nissan Altima has high failure rate of its engine distributor. If your car is among those, the distributor could cause the engine to stall ALL of sudden when you are driving. The immediate results will be, the power steering stops working, the foot brake stops working. I had to pull the hand break HARD to avoid a car accident. After spent $550 to replace a new distributor. The car has been running good.

Favorite Features

Good Acceleration. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

1) Often wipe and clean the distributor area, because the 94 Altima distributor could have engine oil leak into the distributor to disable the computer chip inside. 2) If the engine starts to have light chocking, check the car ASAP. Mention the distributor issue to the mechanics.

Just great!!!
By ^^

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Strong recommand of this car! It's perfect!!

Favorite Features

150HP, Luxury interior.

the best car
By renzo

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Its been 10 years since I bought my altima. Never I had mechanical trouble or any mishaps. Take good care of it and it will take good care of you.

Favorite Features

Reliable and dependable vehicle. Low maintenance and considerable gas mileage. Very good acceleration and braking. Quick response on turning. Comfortable and high class interior. Quality and stylish exterior.

Suggested Improvements

none. Its a perfect family car.

broken again?
By brokenaltima

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this Nissan about 18 months ago with slightly less than 100K miles on it. The first day I had it the alternator broke. 3 months later the starter went bad. I had a nice break for about 10 months, but after that the distributor broke. 3 months later the alternator broke again. 2 months after I had the alternator fixed, the cables for the alternator broke(this was probably the initial problem when my 2nd alternator went, but I still was charged $300 for a new alternator.) I purchased the car for $4600 and have already put at least $2500 into it in just a year and a half.

Favorite Features

the few times it's actually running it's an alright car to drive.

Suggested Improvements

I'm constantly expecting my next wait for the tow truck and expensive repair bill. That's more of a complaint than a suggested improvement. The improvement would be the reliability.

trusty altima
By kinglycatch

1994 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

My altima is definitely a great quality car in its class. I've had very few problems, and hope it will keep going for several more years. Wet, dry, hot or cold climates do not seem to put any additional strain on it. Mine is a 4cyl, and the 6cyl would help add power, but the fuel economy has been a blessing.

Favorite Features

Handling and corners easily.

Suggested Improvements

None, I can think of.