1994 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Super reliable, impressive 5 speed performance
By fourtravelers on 10/12/11 16:37 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Purchased used in 2000 with 90k miles....traveled all over the western states, replaced clutch at about 150 K. At 230 K plus... my family and I survived a near head-on highway accident. The car is totaled but we all survived. We will buy another Nissan Altima. I am sure the car would have gone another 100 to 200 K for sure. This was our experience...can't speak for the rest. The only continuing issue was a small electrical issue....grounding kept blowing front head lamps every 6 months...mechanic could not find the troubled spot and bulb replacement was always cheaper. Once the radio antenna snapped of...finding a replacement was difficult...regular maintenance was the key.

1994 Nissan Altima
By mark_jr48 on 01/26/11 21:34 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

227K still runs strong. Bought back in 1994 runs just as strong today as it did 17 years ago. Original clutch and just changed original brake rotors last week. Best car I have ever had. Timing chain is getting a little noisy and has a oil leak, but does not drip on the garage floor so its fine.

Exceeds Monetary Investment
By satisfied on 09/01/09 18:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

We have two GXEs which were purchased new a month apart in 1993. Both have 193,000 plus miles. Although several parts have been repaired/replaced (e.g. CV joints, climate control system, A/C condenser, knock sensor, head gasket, engine oil leak (common occurrence) blower motor, both vehicles have serviced us VERY well and have been maintained likewise. We hope to drive the cars until... These Altimas have exceeded our expectations. Regrettably, the newer models are engineered to make the consumer more dealer-dependent for maintenance and repair. People are EXTREMELY surprised at the age of the vehicles (nearly 16 years) because they have retained their new- car appearance.

$400.00 and counting but worth it
By drshot on 06/21/09 17:12 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

got cheep 4cyl great spent $1000.00 on it already tires tranny service front end work alingment small parts from junk yard, raidator flush hoses tune up kid thinks its grate good fuel I like small cheep to reg and ins wtill working on it got power stearing r\r power windows rt side heater hoses, all in all will be a good first time pre dented car for kid. will have3 about 2000.00 into it but will maintain well and I know what I replaced I work at an auto shop so parts cheep

Unforetold secrets
By Heath724 on 08/14/07 17:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Altima new. It has unbelievable mileage on it and I can say this: 861.00 dollars in repairs have been done to this vehicle. Talk about one very dependable vehicle that still has no rust, never garage kept, and is still in awesome shape. Would not hesitate to drive it to California and back. Thanks Nissan for making the best car money can buy. Awesome job well done.

Excellent Vehicle
By CaffeineTripp on 02/08/07 00:01 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a few hours before going on a road trip without knowing much about Nissans. The major defects with this vehicle are expected for a car with 150,000 miles and for its age of 11 at the time. It had been very worthy from getting me from point A to point B. Being a delivery driver, this vehicle took the punishment very well.

Such a great car
By Julie on 05/31/06 18:28 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 123,000 miles on it and it had some rust around the back doors and a few days later the headlight burnt out and it burnt out the wiring and all that and the air bag sensor ship went out, but other than that the sunroof/ moonroof is great. I think the car is very dependable and fun to drive, it gets great gas mileage and it's very easy to take care of. I would highly recommend a 94 altima and i think as long as you take care of it the car will take care of you.

Excellent car for many, many years.
By MacNarr on 01/15/06 16:33 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Gas, oil, tires and brake pads are all this car has ever needed. For twelve years this car has been the most reliable, comfortable, and fun car to drive ever.

Love my car
By Allison on 11/25/05 20:22 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

My dad got this 1994 Nissan Altima for me when I was 16. That was 7 years ago. Since then, I haven't had too many problems with it, and the ones that I had weren't that expensive. Spark plugs, water pump, catalytic converter to get it to pass emmissions, but that's it. Good ride, good gas mileage, nice interior. I would strongly suggest this car.

Best car ever
By OLDNISSAN on 11/09/05 22:03 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Have 145,000 miles now, still getting at least 28 mpg at best 32 mpg. Brake rotors finally gave out at 143,500. No major problems or concerns ever! Still flies through emissions tests every year. Not looking to get new yet, but will go Nissan again, and again...

1 2 3 4 5 next »